• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Namco Arts Invests in Yamato Rights Holder's New Anime Company studioMOTHER

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkaRed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:52 am Reply with quote
Bandai Namco are in a lot of stuff recently feels like they want to follow Disney-kun in terms of Monopoly Laughing

How about a merger with Toei Compagny lol
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I wish we could get a physical release over here of the original Yamato TV series, as-is, without any Starblazer-ing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sandstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:13 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I wish we could get a physical release over here of the original Yamato TV series, as-is, without any Starblazer-ing.

I, too, couldn't follow the storyline without the scenes of Analyzer sexually harassing Yuki.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

I, too, couldn't follow the storyline without the scenes of Analyzer sexually harassing Yuki.

Wanting an unadulterated experience, with both the positives and negatives, is not a lot to ask. Space Battleship Yamato deserves its shot, as intended, over here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The studio's first project is the Uchū Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi Sōshū-hen (Space Battleship Yamato 2202: Warriors of Love Compilation; tentative title) film, which will compile the 26-episode Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 television anime into a film that will debut in 2020.
So the newer Yamato sequels are films they’re cutting into TV episodes and now they’re going back to content they intended to be TV episodes to condense them into compilation films?
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:24 am Reply with quote
I was kinda expecting that the yamato franchise would land in Sunrise's lap after the Xebec purchase, instead of giving it again to another studio.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1