• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: So I'm a Spider, So What? volume 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:23 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely a slow volume just to introduce the new characters and some new hints to further events.
Sophia being annoying is more likely on purpose, even in the Web Novel she's like that. I mean she's obviously meant to be annoying as the spoiler[The Ruler of Envy].

About Shun story it is better not to make expectations because S chapters will be on pause until the end of Elf Village Battle from Shiro POV.

Also there's an error on the articule, in the grades section someone wrote "Music" instead of "Art".
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty darn sure I read the original version of this manga, where spoiler[she just spider just ported / kidnapped / resurrected into underworld of this world barely surviving on wits alone and stupid amount of gaming skills she accumulating as she goes.]

One point the manga series SUDDENLy a chapter is dedicated introducing these characters,.then it's back to the normal manga with spider with human girl's mind in it

[Edit]: added spolier tags. Errinundra.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry you were so sure about that, but the manga isn't the original version. It's an adaptation... of an adaptation.

Anyways, it's been a few weeks since I read this (months?) and I don't really remember it introducing (m)any new characters. I honestly felt it was one of the better books in the series so far, as the inane RPG-nonsense was minimal and most of of the focus was on characters, you know, interacting with each other. It's great to see Kumoko finally getting to interact, in whatever limited capacity, with beings other than herself.
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I think I enjoyed the pace of this novel for being a little more lax and getting more from Sophia and Merazophis. I'm curious what is going to happen in the span between now and the Elf Village battle...
TUSF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 am Reply with quote
linkhuesitos15 wrote:
Also there's an error on the articule, in the grades section someone wrote "Music" instead of "Art".
What do you mean? The book's music sounded amazing!

In seriousness, I rather liked this volume, and how it set up the character dynamics and such for now. But that's probably because I already know these characters from the WN…

Speaking of the web novel, although the last couple volumes have been original to the LN (with a few parallel bits), there's one particular scene I'm glad they outright removed. I don't care if the editor just wanted to be PG or something, its inclusion in the WN was awful.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:59 am Reply with quote
TUSF wrote:
linkhuesitos15 wrote:
What do you mean? The book's music sounded amazing!

This has been fixed.

Quote:
Speaking of the web novel, although the last couple volumes have been original to the LN (with a few parallel bits), there's one particular scene I'm glad they outright removed. I don't care if the editor just wanted to be PG or something, its inclusion in the WN was awful.

Okay, now you've got me curious. Since I won't ever read the WN, can you elaborate in spoiler tags?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 pm Reply with quote
TUSF wrote:

Ahh but it was just a little snack Sad
*chomp* *chomp* *chomp*
Hal14

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:20 pm Reply with quote
linkhuesitos15 wrote:
TUSF wrote:

Ahh but it was just a little snack Sad
*chomp* *chomp* *chomp*

Oh right, that. I actually didn't notice the LN cut that out.
@Key, if @linkhuesitos15 and @TUSF are talking about what i think they are talking about, the they're referring to how in the WN, spoiler[Kumo would eat parts of vampire baby while she was sleeping and then grow them back with magic. This is something that even freaked out Ariel.]
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

Okay, now you've got me curious. Since I won't ever read the WN, can you elaborate in spoiler tags?

Most of what is write here is comfirmed by the japanese LN readers as "deleted from the LN" at least up to this point (volume 11).

Let's say that in the WN Shiro isn't the greatest mommy.
spoiler[
Shiro's sins go from psychological abuse to physical abuse, including:
- Force her to do embarrassing poses
- Punch and Kick (only adult Sophia)
- Eat parts of her or her whole body

In Shiro's defense she only does the last point while drunk. She started with only weird peeks, but it quickly escalated to licks, bites and ended in ripping chunks or limps of Sophia's body.
The really fucked up thing was when Shiro managed to eat the whole Sophia, there Sophia somehow still semiconscious thought that this was a memory of the time she was inside her mother (Seras Keren) womb.
Fortunately Sophia was saved by Ariel thanks to a Falcon Punch in Shiro's stomach, but after that "Second Birth" Sophia subconsciously thinks that Shiro is her mother.
After several years Sophia got used to this and only feels embarassed if there's a witness.

Note: No one tried to to stop Shiro due to fear of what she would do to them. Even Ariel thinks that drunk Shiro is the most dangerous being on the planet.
Note 2: Little meme to complete this Anime hyper
https://i.imgur.com/G6EL14A.jpg]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1