• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Girl Doctor Light Novels Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh, this looks like something I’d watch and enjoy. The staff seem fitted for this and I’ll look forward to seeing who will be in the voice cast. 2020 continues to look like an interesting year.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:43 pm Reply with quote
this is awesome, its gonna be one of the very rare times that i'm currently reading a light novel that got an anime adaptation and not the other way around :p, its an enjoyable series, looking forward to it.
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:09 am Reply with quote
Didn’t they cut a lot of content from we never learn? Hopefully this anime doesn’t get butchered buy this new studio
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:15 am Reply with quote
I didn't expect it to be animated so soon, but why not, the LN is really interesting.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:39 am Reply with quote
I actually saw the first volume of the light novel at my local library recently. Now, I’ll have to check it out!
Key

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I only read the first novel of the source material, as I wasn't impressed. (Basically, it takes a potentially interesting concept - an exploration of monster biology - and turns it into a rote harem series.)

Not too surprised that it is getting an adaptation, and it should adapt well to an episodic format. Hopefully some of the content will work better in a visual rather than literary format.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:59 pm Reply with quote
It is good to see another announcement for a monster girl anime which varies from cute series such as Interviews with Monster Girls to comedy series such as Dropkick on My Devil. It will be interesting to compare Monster Girl Doctor with Monster Musume since they both look like fun harem stories and because the Monster Musume mangaka endorsed it.
zztop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
It is good to see another announcement for a monster girl anime which varies from cute series such as Interviews with Monster Girls to comedy series such as Dropkick on My Devil. It will be interesting to compare Monster Girl Doctor with Monster Musume since they both look like fun harem stories and because the Monster Musume mangaka endorsed it.

I heard the author themselves was inspired by Monmusu when writing Monster Girl Doctor...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1