• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Key Unveils New Version of Summer Pockets Game With Added Features

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
the addition of two theme songs, over 2 million (Japanese) characters of additional text

They actually just posted a tweet correcting this a few hours ago. It's 2 million TOTAL characters, including the old Summer Pockets content.

https://twitter.com/key_official/status/1203870319728943104?s=19
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 am Reply with quote
Will the added content make it over to the English version?
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:37 pm Reply with quote
That's some really good news. Played through the original Summer Pockets last month and although the premisse and characters were top notch, it felt too rushed and short, with a lot of plot roles, and the difference in writting of the different scenarios was off putting at some points. The writters probably didn't interact enough to reach a more uniform writting, and it really showed. It felt like playing through a demo more than a full game, to be honest. I really hope they fix some of these issues with this new release, although i'm a bit sceptical about that Umi route... But let's wait and see. And now I wonder, will this also get an english release? Or will they cancel the current planned release of the original game and take on this version instead?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1