• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses Great Conquest: The Romance of Three Kingdoms, Kamen no Maid Guy Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marek1712

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Discotek Media additionally announced it will release City Hunter part 1 on Blu-ray Disc on February 25. The release will feature English subtitles and will feature episodes 1-26 of the first City Hunter anime.

My poor wallet Sad
I hope we'll get some extras, like creditless OP/ED.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:12 am Reply with quote
Kamen no Maid Guy is a whacked-out series, and I loved it! Thanks, Discotek!
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:40 am Reply with quote
Glad to see City Hunter & Maid Guy with dates for their physical releases, because I'll definitely be getting those, along with Govarian. As for the Three Kingdoms movie, I'll also be getting that at some point, and I hope Discotek will also do the other two movies, as well (though it looks like only the first movie ever got dubbed).

It would be interesting in this movie does well enough to prompt Discotek to try more Three Kingdoms anime, though, as it would be interesting to see how the company would try to market each one; of course, by this I mean direct adaptations of the original story. There's this early 90s movie trilogy, a couple of movie-length TV specials from the early 80s done by Shin-Ei (which apparently have been remastered in HD, due to some re-airings), the TV anime adaptation of Mitsuteru Yokoyama's magnum opus manga adaptation of the novel (also from the early 90s), Koutetsu Sangokushi from the 00s (which actually saw official streaming over at Viki for a few years), & the 2011 TV anime co-produced by Japan & China.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I am planning to buy Honey and Clover, The Great Passage (the best anime series from 2016) and City Hunter. I am not sure how much I am buying beyond the first season and a couple of the movies, but I am so glad Discotek managed to license rescue City Hunter.
marek1712 wrote:
My poor wallet Sad
I hope we'll get some extras, like creditless OP/ED.

On the plus side Discotek prices are very affordable.
Pantha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:56 pm Reply with quote
I’m most excited about City Hunter. I own ADV’s old release of the first two seasons and I won’t be double-dipping. But I’ll definitely pick up the last two seasons when they are released. The Great Passage is also a must for me. I didn’t even know that show was licensed! Romance of the Three Kingdoms is a maybe. I also won’t double-dip on Honey and Clover since I still have Viz’s release.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:17 am Reply with quote
Pantha: DT’s release of City Hunter is likely to have a new transfer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1