• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: RErideD BR + Digital

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:35 pm Reply with quote
This was a frustrating show. Interesting ideas would crop up, but it was so painfully bare-bones in just about every way. It sort of feels like after finding out the budget for the project, everyone basically gave up on putting in much effort.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This was a frustrating show. Interesting ideas would crop up, but it was so painfully bare-bones in just about every way.

This is, I think, the most apt two-sentence description I've seen yet for the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
The cynic in me wonders if this was one of those instances where some producers cooked up an interesting sounding pitch for a show; attached some famous names to hook in licensors; then flung the thing together & pocketed the cash.
zrdb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Sorry-gotta totally disagree with this review-as a sci fi aficionado I really enjoyed this series. The story kept me coming back for more, the characters were engaging. Nuff' said.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:55 pm Reply with quote
As someone who's been a big fan of Yoshitoshi ABe since Lain and Haibane Renmei, I was really disappointed in RErideD. It wasn't the worst anime I had ever seen but it came across as too empty and predictable for me to invest my time in when you would expect more from the big names involved with it. I always wondered if it ever got any better as I stopped after the first few episodes. It seems like I didn't miss out on much.
Nojay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:36 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
As someone who's been a big fan of Yoshitoshi ABe since Lain and Haibane Renmei,

Me too!

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I was really disappointed in RErideD.

Me too!

I managed to contain my disappointment through the first half of the first episode and then gave up at that point. ABe-san, you put your name to this?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I was intrigued in this original series before it started airing, but as it went on, I felt disappointed considering who was on board for it. Me not caring too much about the characters really didn’t help matters and I just hope that ABe can be involved in something that’s an improvement from this if he works on anime ever again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1