• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Second Anime Gets TV Broadcast in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I really hope we can get more seasons after this broadcast. There's a lot more of the novels that I'd like to see re-adapted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:50 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I really hope we can get more seasons after this broadcast. There's a lot more of the novels that I'd like to see re-adapted.

My thoughts exactly. I'm wondering if this is to gauge how much interest there still is for it.
(Yes guys we want more and lots of it.)
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I'm wondering if this is to gauge how much interest there still is for it.
(Yes a1 pictures we want more and lots of it.)

You mean.....Production IG, right? Wink
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I suppose this is just going to be Crunchyroll's version with new theme songs then.
partially

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm does the show deviate much from the original adaptation? I stopped watching after a couple of episodes after it appeared to be not much more than a shot for shot redo of the original adaptation which I had already rewatched recently. I don't see much point in an adaptation that simply apes the original interpretation.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:24 pm Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Hmmm does the show deviate much from the original adaptation? I stopped watching after a couple of episodes after it appeared to be not much more than a shot for shot redo of the original adaptation which I had already rewatched recently. I don't see much point in an adaptation that simply apes the original interpretation.

I haven't watched all of DNT, but it ought to deviate from the OVAs quite a bit as it is a straight adaptation of the novels, whereas the OVA series adapted the main novels while also incorporating side stories--inserting them into the appropriate parts of the continuity and creating spin-off OVA series for the prequels. The ultimate result making DNT the more technically faithful and the OVA series the more comprehensive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand -- is this just a re-air of the die neue series and movies? Will it have any new material? I didn't find anything about it on MAL.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1