• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actor Nobuhiko Okamoto Confirms Marriage With Voice Actress Asuka Ōgame, Apologizes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:46 am Reply with quote
"Oh no... he got married... let's burn him at the stake... Rolling Eyes "

"How dare you betray us by doing things a normal human being would do! I hate you! Die! Die! Die!"

Nobuhiko Okamoto in a Bakugo voice: URUSEI!!!
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:52 am Reply with quote
JeffreySweeney wrote:
"Oh no... he got married... let's burn him at the stake... Rolling Eyes "

"How dare you betray us by doing things a normal human being would do! I hate you! Die! Die! Die!"

Nobuhiko Okamoto in a Bakugo voice: URUSEI!!!

I guess you missed the part where he cheated. . .

"apologize for "his unthinking actions despite being a married man." The Weekly Bunshun magazine's website had reported earlier in the day that Okamoto and an unnamed female had a secret meeting at a hotel in Tokyo's Kabukichō district. "
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:09 am Reply with quote
Damn, my boy accelerator cheated on his wife? feelsbadman.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:24 am Reply with quote
Daisuke Namikawa went through the same thing a few years back. Weekly Bunshun is the bane of adulterous seiyuu.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:40 am Reply with quote
Oh, to hell with those apologies. People have the right to be happy without other people getting angry about it. It'd be like George Clooney fans threatening him for marrying Amal.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:08 am Reply with quote
Wait, so is he apologizing for cheating, or is he apologizing for keeping that he's married a secret?
Was the unnamed woman he met with, his wife, or some random chick?

When the article says "Okamoto added that if he is forgiven, he wants to be someone who can support his wife faithfully."
Does this mean he is asking his fans to forgive him so he can openly support his wife from now on, without any backlash?
Or he wants to be forgiven by both fans and his wife and promises not to cheat again?
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 am Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:
Wait, so is he apologizing for cheating, or is he apologizing for keeping that he's married a secret?

When the article says "Okamoto added that if he is forgiven, he wants to be someone who can support his wife faithfully."
Does this mean he is asking his fans to forgive him so he can openly support his wife from now on, without any backlash?
Or he wants to be forgiven by both fans and his wife and promises not to cheat again?

That's what I was wondering. Thought he was just meeting his wife in secret?
KupoChris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:27 am Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:

From the article:
Quote:
and to apologize for "his unthinking actions despite being a married man."

Sounds like he's apologizing for cheating on his wife to me.
Kirki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:37 am Reply with quote
Why do people have to apologise for these things to anybody else but their significant other? What does anybody else care if he cheated or not? Last time I checked it wasn't a crime. You can never know what is going on in someone else's marriage. These apologies sound horrendously stiff and utterly fake.
chrysanths

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:46 am Reply with quote
He is apologizing for both marrying secretly AND cheating on his wife with a prostitute. Well, according to the article title, but I don’t see mention of it anywhere else in English articles.

VOICE ACTOR OKAMOTO NOBUHIKO, ADMITS TO PROSTITUTION

Japanese to Korean to English translation. A bit more relevant to the Korean anime world given he will - or was slated to, depending on how this situation unravels - voice Khun/Koon from Tower of God.
MoonStar9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:49 am Reply with quote
Kirki wrote:
Why do people have to apologise for these things to anybody else but their significant other? What does anybody else care if he cheated or not? Last time I checked it wasn't a crime. You can never know what is going on in someone else's marriage. These apologies sound horrendously stiff and utterly fake.

I wager he's apologising to his fans and the studios for losing their respect so he still has a career. This is Japan, not America. Doing things like this flippantly can get you blacklisted from the entertainment industry. What Aya Hirano did wasn't a crime either and her strong career ended in the blink of an eye.
Skyletv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:54 am Reply with quote
We didn't even know he was married and we found out because he already cheated on her lol. Poor wife.

Last edited by Skyletv on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Banjo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:52 pm Reply with quote
cheater exposed. Laughing
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:21 pm Reply with quote
>Married voice actor apologizes

Oh, here we go again, he's not even an idol. Really now, who figured this was necessary-

>for a clandestine meeting in a hotel with a woman who's not his wife.

Well, that's an unexpected headline. So much for Yan Qing's loyalty lmao.
MakiharaMeiko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:18 pm Reply with quote
The headline should be "Nobuhiko Okamoto cheated on his wife and apologizes for it (yes! He was married!)" because the way it is now, looks like he was apologizing for being married and that's not the case at all. Lots of people think that fans are in rage because he was married while they are in rage because he cheated on her with a prostitude in a love hotel! xD

Personally, I feel very sorry for his wife, I'm sure she doesn't deserve this. The scandal will pass as the Namikawa case, but I hope she divorce him. I'm very dissapointed with Okamoto not just because he cheated on his wife, but because he said he wants to gain back the trust of fans with his actor skills. You don't need to do that. You just need to be a better human being with your wife, not with us...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2