• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: number24 1 - 12 streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for reviewing number24! I really enjoyed the show and thought it was fun.
I am surprised Yasunari was not mentioned in the review. I loved his interactions with Natsusa and Yu.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Your article preview (the part on the homepage, sorry I don't know what it's called) was hilarious. You definitely knew how to make a fujoshi click to read....
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:25 pm Reply with quote
This show was just pure fun and I highly enjoyed. I loved how unrepentantly savage Natsusa was, especially towards Ibuki. The bit with the brass knuckles had me dying. I do agree with there being too many plot points shoved in, though, but I also wasn’t really expecting anything too deep anyway.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:48 pm Reply with quote
This series far exceeded my expectations, which going in were "cute boys doing cute athletic things." I really appreciated how much characterization they packed in there, and that the conflicts weren't just surface squabbles, and nobody really did the "hero works hard and persists through hardships to win the day" thing, but most of all that Natsu wasn't just a long-suffering genki boy, but rather a pretty sharp-tongued little asshole sometimes, as everyone irl is at one time or another.

A little more rugby would've been nice, but as Rebecca said, the field was over-stuffed as it was, so I'm grateful for what we got. Especially coming right after the godawful Try Knights, it was a breath of fresh air! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1