• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mr. Osomatsu TV Anime Gets 3rd Season in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:28 am Reply with quote
I'm very happy to see more of Osomatsu, I hope the humour is still on point. It is a great example of bringing an old show to the present and keeping the art style while not having it look dated.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:06 am Reply with quote
Why though? I feel that the 2nd season kinda lost its charm compared to the 1st season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:32 am Reply with quote
Was not expecting this to get a third season... It's a nice surprise. I just hope it's better than the second season.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:18 am Reply with quote
I was NOT expecting a season 3. I heard they were only interested in making movies from here on out. Such great news!!! Only 3 months away.... I'm so excited!!!
gsilver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:23 am Reply with quote
I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.
The first season was lightning in a bottle, though that wasn't quite recaptured in the second, though season 2 still had plenty of funny stuff.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:01 am Reply with quote
Wonder if the English dub is even finished after the couple years since they announced it, or if Viz will ever release it on home video. They’ve been really quiet on it.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:13 am Reply with quote
I wasn't too big on the second season either but the movie was really good.
Oggers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I'm pleasantly surprised. I like the show, but I feel like the second season's humor took a drop in quality compared to the first one, so I didn't think there would be a third season. I'll be looking forward to it!
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:47 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Wonder if the English dub is even finished after the couple years since they announced it, or if Viz will ever release it on home video. They’ve been really quiet on it.

They've probably finished it by now. There could be something going on behind closed doors that's making the overall progress of the release very slow.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:27 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Why though? I feel that the 2nd season kinda lost its charm compared to the 1st season.
Th second season had some of the series best episodes; Episode one where they all get famous and fudge it up in two different ways, the one where Chibita turns into a mass murder over his hair, the one where they are stranded on a desert island and have a death battle over the only roll of toilet paper and the city lights episode that was just beautiful and heart warming. Sure it had some lacklustre episodes, but the first few episodes of season 1 are pretty dull.
merr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:25 pm Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

They've probably finished it by now. There could be something going on behind closed doors that's making the overall progress of the release very slow.

Viz likes to sit on shows. They sat on complete dubs for Nana, Honey & Clover, Tiger & Bunny, and Inu Yasha The Final Act for YEARS before releasing them. In those cases, they seemed to want a TV deal that no one offered. Not sure if that’s what’s going on here, but I wouldn’t be surprised.
Brack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:46 am Reply with quote
The problem with season 2, and what I fear will be the problem with this season, is that it was all the voice of Shu Matsubara.

Season 1 had sketches written by Michiko Yokote and Yukio Okada too, which gave the series a broader, more varied feel.

Additionally, Season 2 had nothing like Kenichi Fujisawa's tour de force, Iyami's Counterattack.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, color me surprised and interested. I enjoyed both seasons of the show, so I look forward to seeing what's in store. I still need to see the movie, too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1