• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uzumaki Anime Delayed to 2021

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:16 am Reply with quote
Not surprised
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:44 am Reply with quote
I had really figured/hoped it would be coming out at Halloween but I'm not remotely surprised it's getting delayed
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:27 am Reply with quote
Well Jason DeMarco kept saying that the Development was running smoothly making you think that the Coronavirus will not budge the Production at all.
Junovm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:11 am Reply with quote
Damn it that was the one anime I was looking forward to the most. Now 2020 is dead content to me. What a dissapointment.
Also how long does it take to make just 4 episodes? Did they just start when it was announced or what? I smell bullshiet.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Junovm wrote:
Damn it that was the one anime I was looking forward to the most. Now 2020 is dead content to me. What a dissapointment.
Also how long does it take to make just 4 episodes? Did they just start when it was announced or what? I smell bullshiet.

Could just mean early 2021. If so then it's not that out there even under normal circumstances without coronacrap. Could even be that some other production pushed everyone back.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm less disappointed with the delay than with Nagahama's statement that the show will be much like the promotional video, which means it will be essentially a black & white motion comic.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising to see another animated title delayed *shrug*

Zhou-BR wrote:
I'm less disappointed with the delay than with Nagahama's statement that the show will be much like the promotional video, which means it will be essentially a black & white motion comic.

I was thinking it looked like a motion comic as well, which isn't great.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:41 pm Reply with quote
2020 is canceled. Surprised? No.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sheenoobuu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:27 pm Reply with quote
gotta say. I don't see the appeal of a black and white only anime.
I'll definitely check it out, I'm not afraid of media that trends toward being excessively artsy. However I'm unlikely to recommend it to anyone that isn't already an anime fan no matter how much of a masterpiece it is.
It's no different than recommending Schindler's List.
Is it a masterpiece? of course.
Are people going to watch more than 5 minutes of it if they hate it just based on its visuals? probably not. These are the same people who won't watch something if it has subtitles...

Perhaps even worse, making this only black and white kind of raised my expectations for the entire show. The animations(and shading) better be among the best there's ever been if you aren't going to bother coloring it in.
Coming from someone who usually tries to keep their expectations low for as many shows as possible, it feels like this director is personally challenging his audience to nitpick the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1