• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Anime's Dub Cast, Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:21 am Reply with quote
Always good to see Monica Rial still getting lead roles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:55 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Always good to see Monica Rial still getting lead roles.

Just watched her in Demon Girl Next Door, and from working with her at conventions she’s just an overall cool person.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:35 am Reply with quote
I do not know whether is it good or not but I think it would've been nicer if they have chosen a bit high pitch seiyuu instead of her.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:49 am Reply with quote
Otakuch wrote:
I do not know whether is it good or not but I think it would've been nicer if they have chosen a bit high pitch seiyuu instead of her.

You must not know Monica's vocal range. As far as anime goes, not many can do high pitch like her and make it sound natural. Her voice is normally higher pitched.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:42 am Reply with quote
Otakuch wrote:

That made m laugh. Monica Rial actually has to pitch her voice lower when she does interviews.

Anyways, I have a voice and inflection in mind now that I know it'll be dubbed and I'm curious to see how close it is.
XaelOstigian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:08 am Reply with quote
(Imagines Monica voicing Uzaki) Dear lord that's almost a little too perfect of a casting choice. From the peppy charm to the annoying smugness, Monica will easily bring Uzaki's best and worst character traits to life in the dub.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:17 am Reply with quote
XaelOstigian wrote:
(Imagines Monica voicing Uzaki) Dear lord that's almost a little too perfect of a casting choice. From the peppy charm to the annoying smugness, Monica will easily bring Uzaki's best and worst character traits to life in the dub.

Agreed 100%. I generally don't care for dubs and I think Usaki's Japanese seiyuu really makes the character but I have to admit that Monica is an awesome choice here.
toprak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:43 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Otakuch wrote:

You must not know Monica's vocal range. As far as anime goes, not many can do high pitch like her and make it sound natural. Her voice is normally higher pitched.

Yes my bad, I just watched some videos on her channel.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Alrighty, a bunch of clean up has been done. Listen folks, keep it on topic. Don't drag this discussion into tired old waters with pointless posts on unrelated topics. All that will do is simply rile everyone up.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Monica is gonna nail this. Uzaki's seiyuu, Naomi Ōzora, does a fantastic job of making Uzaki sound cute/annoying and Monica can do that in her sleep.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, Monica is gonna nail this. Uzaki's seiyuu, Naomi Ōzora, does a fantastic job of making Uzaki sound cute/annoying and Monica can do that in her sleep.

Was that supposed to be a compliment? Wink
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Ricco will end up having as much fun if not more voicing for this series than he did for "Zombieland Saga".
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:45 am Reply with quote
Now I might actually try watching this. I saw the subbed trailer and Uzaki's voice came across as nails on a chalkboard grating, I wasn't willing to watch after that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1