• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Goblin Slayer Novels 9 & 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Somehow, the constant ability of this novel series to elicit a B out of the reviewer is really fitting. I have all the volumes and have read up to volume 7, but it feels like I'm reading more and more of the same, yet it's not boring. I like the consistency.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I love the Goblin Slayer manga. I have taken a look at the Goblin Slayer light novel before, but the writing style did not sit well for me.

Has the writing in the Light Novels improved?
GhostD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I love the Goblin Slayer manga. I have taken a look at the Goblin Slayer light novel before, but the writing style did not sit well for me.

Has the writing in the Light Novels improved?

Id like to say Yes for the most part. It feels like a mixture between a ye olde and modern style which suits the world the story takes place in. One thing it does that the manga doesnt is that it lets you know what the goblins are thinking at times which shows how chaotic evil they really are. Sure it has a few hiccups like with vol 10 and it sometimes drags in places overall the writing is fairly engaging but thats just my opinion anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1