• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime Premieres on December 7

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Strange to make it air in December, I think this is the first time a seasonal series aired in December instead of October.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:06 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:
Strange to make it air in December, I think this is the first time a seasonal series aired in December instead of October.

I guess it could be related to COVID-19.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:21 pm Reply with quote
This is not the first time we had a december start.

The show will run though the end of summer, at the very least, as more than 10 volumes will need to be covered. I wonder if they have an exact episode breakdown now but it has to 26 or likey a bit more. Maybe it will finish with a special, who knows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getumbuck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:26 pm Reply with quote
and yet the manga has still not ended, heck I have no idea how long it will keeping going. Every time I think it's about to end, the plot just continues.
kikuzinho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:45 pm Reply with quote
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:23 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
and yet the manga has still not ended, heck I have no idea how long it will keeping going. Every time I think it's about to end, the plot just continues.

I'm sure the series will end sometime in 2021, likely before the Summer. If I recall correctly, Fullmetal Alchemist was wrapping up as FMA: Brotherhood was catching up to it. They may have ended like a month apart of each other.
SP654

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:46 pm Reply with quote
It would make sense if they Air it January 2021 instead
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:06 pm Reply with quote
It was assumed that the manga would end around now or in late 2020 but but early 2021 looks likely now. So early into this show.

Sailor Moon ended less than a week after the manga but the last season has little to do with the source material. YYH´s last arc diverges a bit with original content in both the anime and manga towards the end but the anime still ended half a year later so who knows what went on there. That manga cleary did lasting damage to Togashi.
All the trailer footage is manga accurate so we have another FMA B situation as it´s anime was 98% accurate with the manga in the last arc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:37 pm Reply with quote
December? That's unusual, right? But why December instead of usual October or January?
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:35 pm Reply with quote
That means the Manga is more or less 9 chapters away from ending, uh...
25thchestnut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:12 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping that the unconventional December premiere means the studio and everyone in charge of the scheduling has it all figured out. I assume they have October and November to compensate for the delays caused by Covid and that they're confident they can maintain the work load through to the end of the series in mid-2021. Now it's a matter of waiting for the confirmation of how many episodes there will be, which I think will be the real determinant of how this adaptation will go.

It will be the end of an era after both the manga and anime end within a few months of each other. I already feel sad, terrified, and excited all at once.
Kokushibou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 am Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
That means the Manga is more or less 9 chapters away from ending, uh...

doubt it, it only needs 2 more chapters to make up a volume and it's volumes are usually just 4 chapters so unless it's ending in 2 chapters it will end in march completing it's 34th volume.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 am Reply with quote
It'll be weird when Attack on Titan ends.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 am Reply with quote
Can't wait.

cloud8100 wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to miss it, the show has been incredible so far and I've re-watched each season a bunch of times. And I'm going to miss how with that really long first break between the first two seasons it's actually been with us for such a crazy long time of constant anticipation for what's going to happen next.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:08 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
Can't wait.

cloud8100 wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to miss it, the show has been incredible so far and I've re-watched each season a bunch of times. And I'm going to miss how with that really long first break between the first two seasons it's actually been with us for such a crazy long time of constant anticipation for what's going to happen next.

Only for some of us, I've read all the Manga after s1 Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2