• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Partners With INKR App to Add More Manga Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:38 am Reply with quote
Sounds similar as the Crunchyroll story. Either pirate sites get shut down or they sudenly become legal and are parter of the industry.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Just another Mangamo subscription where Kodansha gives them a sampling of their series but none of the completed or ongoing ones have even a majority of their chapters.
Kodansha really just needs their own "vault" subscription like Viz has so they can put complete series up. Until that happens, I'm really not interested in these manga subscriptions that basically have a couple volumes' worth of chapters for series with 20+ volumes.
MangaNeko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:49 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Just another Mangamo subscription where Kodansha gives them a sampling of their series but none of the completed or ongoing ones have even a majority of their chapters.
Kodansha really just needs their own "vault" subscription like Viz has so they can put complete series up. Until that happens, I'm really not interested in these manga subscriptions that basically have a couple volumes' worth of chapters for series with 20+ volumes.

I recommend keeping an eye for Kodansha comics on Humble Bundle. Twice this year I quadrupled my manga library, with many completed series, fresh digital only releases and some current titles. Best manga investment this year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1