• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High-Rise Invasion Anime Unveils Trailer, More Cast, Staff, Song Artists, February 25 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loveliver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 pm Reply with quote
It’s just English sub trailer, not dub trailer.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 pm Reply with quote
loveliver wrote:
It’s just English sub trailer, not dub trailer.

The second video in the article is English-dubbed.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:07 am Reply with quote
Whatever the actual quality of the series, the voice cast is top-tier.

Although the Japanese version actually has the seiyuu listed with their characters while the dub trailer doesn't. I think Faye Mata is the lead? I definitely heard Stephanie Sheh and I think Jonah Scott (always confuse him as Matthew Mercer). Cristina Vee as the Yoko Hikasa/pink-haired character?
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:37 am Reply with quote
Dat cast! FukuJun! Funny how Mamoru looks like a 90's character on the left side of his image. Yoko voicing a pink haired character making me thinking older Kyoko. LMAO Megumi is voicing Shinji. Koji's character looks a bit like Hyobu (same voice) with that hair.
Song is nice. Looking forward to it.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:04 am Reply with quote
I read fair way into the manga and the writing is very bad imho, but it’s pretty difficult to make a battle royale story boring and it’s jam-packed with enough craziness that it’s hard to say it’s not entertaining on some level.

Still, a few licenses this year have me wondering if there really is nothing better to adapt in the same genres? Is this truly the best we have left? Maybe they should consider Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors or something — The World Ends With You sets a strong precedent for old semi-obscure games getting suddenly adapted out of nowhere (as does Caligula Effect a while ago come to think of it).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1