• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Touken Ranbu Sword Personification Game Gets English Version

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Not gonna lie lol... As happy as I am that it's finally getting an English version...I've worked so hard on my Japanese one, that I don't think I'll start up an english one lol...
VampBecca

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:27 pm Reply with quote
sakurablossom143 wrote:
Not gonna lie lol... As happy as I am that it's finally getting an English version...I've worked so hard on my Japanese one, that I don't think I'll start up an english one lol...

No same, I wish they just translated the JPN game and let us choose between the languages in this already existing app. This eng ver. seriously not worth.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:54 am Reply with quote
I have a lot of rare swords and the few players who got in the first couple of months. Part of me wants to join but at the same time..... I know this is selfish of me to say this so I'm sorry. I just wish that the game would have been released in English sooner.
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:58 am Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
I have a lot of rare swords and the few players who got in the first couple of months. Part of me wants to join but at the same time..... I know this is selfish of me to say this so I'm sorry. I just wish that the game would have been released in English sooner.

I don't blame you...if the game was released in English around the time I started playing 4+ years ago...then I wouldn't feel any remorse, but... I put money and my hard work into the Japanese one lol...

(I casually pre-reg'd for the english one, but i probably won't even play it lol)
catbot158

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 am Reply with quote
I, for one, haven't tried the actual game, although I did enjoy the two anime versions (mostly because Mikazuki Munechika is a treat for the eyes Razz

What I'm worried about is exposure. Right now Princess Connect is the hot gacha game everyone and their mother is promoting, and I'm concerned that Touken Ranbu is gonna get lost in the shuffle unless they promote the shit out of it. Also the two anime adaptations were a while ago, so unless they make more anime or do some other type of media, they will really have to put their all into social media advertising...
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:18 am Reply with quote
catbot158 wrote:
I, for one, haven't tried the actual game, although I did enjoy the two anime versions (mostly because Mikazuki Munechika is a treat for the eyes Razz

What I'm worried about is exposure. Right now Princess Connect is the hot gacha game everyone and their mother is promoting, and I'm concerned that Touken Ranbu is gonna get lost in the shuffle unless they promote the shit out of it. Also the two anime adaptations were a while ago, so unless they make more anime or do some other type of media, they will really have to put their all into social media advertising...
Well, TouRabu and PriConne have two very different auditories in mind (and TouRabu is no way a GACHA game, cause it ripped the way of getting characters from KanColle - there is no actual "gacha" currency, and the way of getting a character is to farm a bunch of resources and try to craft the one who you want from the pool, or grind particular mission nodes) - so I doubt it will be a loss for the people who actually want to play it.

The real problem it's really TOO LATE - the game is six-years-old and the ship is already sailed for it on the West - even if there is still auditory, they are already gone to the JP and in no way start anew.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:00 am Reply with quote
I wonder why it took so long.
I was even under the assumption it's been released in the west already.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
The real problem it's really TOO LATE - the game is six-years-old and the ship is already sailed for it on the West - even if there is still auditory, they are already gone to the JP and in no way start anew.

Yeah, this is the crux of the matter. And here I thought that SINoALICE taking three years to come out in the West was a long time. After more than five years, I never thought Touken Ranbu would, and everyone I know who had any interest in it played (or started playing) the Japanese version ages ago. It'll be interesting to see how this version does.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:42 pm Reply with quote
This is exciting, personally. I always wanted to play the game, but I have a hard time playing games in Japanese so I never tried it out before. And even if the localization is questionable, if I can play MLQC, I can play anything.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I really wanna play this! Hanamaru was excellent, and Akiko Shikata (my favorite singer) has done some of the game's OST. Plus I love otome-type stuff. How exciting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Suxinn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Uh, wow, if this had released even two years ago, I probably would've jumped on it, but now? Really don't have the time for it anymore.

On another note, wasn't Touken Ranbu a browser game? So are they localizing it as a browser game or is it going to be mobile?
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Suxinn wrote:
Uh, wow, if this had released even two years ago, I probably would've jumped on it, but now? Really don't have the time for it anymore.

On another note, wasn't Touken Ranbu a browser game? So are they localizing it as a browser game or is it going to be mobile?

It is primarily a browser game. When you pre-register, you'll be taken to their browser platform. According to the english twitter, there will be an app for this as well.
tsugumin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:36 am Reply with quote
I don't understand - why now?
A1Kashuu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Joined ANN just for this post. I'm super excited! <3 I've been playing the JP version for 3yrs now but I'll definitely focus on the English version once this comes out. I have so many friends that wanted to play but either A. iphone and wasn't wanting to make another account or B. Its in Japanese. or C. Both. A few of my friends with androids complained but did install it (and have been playing for over a year now- I'm so proud of them 8D ) but this is worth starting over imo. I'm seeing so many complaining over this...technically a lot of us aren't even suppose to have a account with the JP version. So I'm thrilled to see it finally come out over here. I'll definitely be supporting this with everything I have. <3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1