• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The King's Beast GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:44 pm Reply with quote
I like Rei Toma's art, but her series are too dark for my liking.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:32 am Reply with quote
I'm a fan of Rei Toma and a return to the Dawn of Arcana universe? I'm totally down for this.

(Now I kind of want to read her school romance books that don't get licensed).
Hiju

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:14 am Reply with quote
phia_one wrote:
I like Rei Toma's art, but her series are too dark for my liking.
To me all her works have been very bland, The Water Dragon's Bride especially fell flat.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I had forgotten that this was licensed and being released! I need to get my hands on it.

However, I haven't quite finished collecting and reading Dawn of the Arcana yet... I want to assume finishing that isn't needed to enjoy this story, though?
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:

However, I haven't quite finished collecting and reading Dawn of the Arcana yet... I want to assume finishing that isn't needed to enjoy this story, though?

Correct! At least as of the first volume, the Ajin are the only link. I don't really remember the country this story takes place in being anything but barely mentioned in Dawn of the Arcana.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

Correct! At least as of the first volume, the Ajin are the only link. I don't really remember the country this story takes place in being anything but barely mentioned in Dawn of the Arcana.
Perfect! Then I'll definitely put this at the top of my list to get. Thank you for confirming that for me! >w<
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I picked up and read the volume today, and gotta say, I'm definitely intrigued with how this story had started out, and almost wish that we got a simultaneous release of the first two volumes like what was done in Japan because I'm really looking forward to the next book. I also love the mini epilogue for The Water Dragon's Bride, giving a bit of a finality to one major part to that series while also kinda leaving things open to a potential future to continue things down the line. Which I do hope for at some point; I'd actually love to see an actual wedding.

Another little thing I like is that Viz published the link to Rei Toma's Twitter, which I'm going to check out (and 99.9% sure going to follow) here very soon. >w<
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1