• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Crackin' the Shell of Wonder Egg Priority

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:36 pm Reply with quote
The directing and animation for this anime is epic. I never watched Madoka despite Urobuchi due to the use of magical girls but episode 1 already got me. Is the staff behind this anime a bunch of secret genius? Cos I can't believe Cloverworks is animating this series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:01 am Reply with quote
I feel like I should write something here because I am super invested in the show. And watching episode 7 can only make me think what more could have been written about Rika after how heavy it felt.

It does continue to walk that tightrope.
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:28 am Reply with quote
I’m enjoying the show, but it’s Momoe’s storyline I’m most worried will crash and burn, personally. It would be really really easy to accidentally slip in unfortunate implications as to why her friend killed herself, for one thing. But either way I’m pretty sure I’m going to see Wonder Egg through to the end.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I love this ensemble of characters. I think they've gotten interesting personalities and I love the way the characters bounce off one another.

At this point, they could have episodes that were just them hanging out (the cute girls doing cute things genre), no magical girl shenanigans, and I'd be happy to watch it.
moony_badger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:40 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely the most excited and intrigued I've been for a new show in ages! Even if it does end up crashing and burning, I've thoroughly enjoyed all the characters and their friendships. With every new episode I get juuuust a little more optimistic about where it's heading.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1