• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ragna Crimson GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Thought this was fair review; this is a manga i discovered independently and dug a lot. It has an intense, emotional hook, creative and wild enemies, great art, and interesting characters (Crimson is a character type I love, think Gen from Dr. Stone). However, it was a bit depressing when everyone else i know who bothered to look into it dismissed it as complete garbage, lol.

If anyone likes reading dark fantasy manga, i recommend this one. In addition to everything else, it has a weird, manic tone that i like. May not be for everyone, but it gets a thumbs up from me.
Casval Rem Deikun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:33 am Reply with quote
Thrilled to see Ragna Crimson getting some attention. I've been reading the series for awhile and look forward to picking the first volume up. All-around a solid review. Fans of Nier and the like should really enjoy it.
Grant D Clown
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
Thought this was fair review; this is a manga i discovered independently and dug a lot. It has an intense, emotional hook, creative and wild enemies, great art, and interesting characters (Crimson is a character type I love, think Gen from Dr. Stone). However, it was a bit depressing when everyone else i know who bothered to look into it dismissed it as complete garbage, lol.

If anyone likes reading dark fantasy manga, i recommend this one. In addition to everything else, it has a weird, manic tone that i like. May not be for everyone, but it gets a thumbs up from me.

Hey, glad you enjoyed my take on it. It's not one I'd heard much chatter about before being given the review so I am curious to see what people think.

As I stated, outside the early portions and the samey-ness of a few of the concepts, I thought it was incredibly well-executed. Complete garbage seems waaaaaaaaay too cruel for a work that looks this good + kinetic.

Casval Rem Deikun wrote:
Thrilled to see Ragna Crimson getting some attention. I've been reading the series for awhile and look forward to picking the first volume up. All-around a solid review. Fans of Nier and the like should really enjoy it.

Then you're saying I should pick up Nier finally...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1