• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Getter Robo Arc Anime's 2nd Video Announces Cast, More Staff, July Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:12 am Reply with quote
Really like the old school vibes I'm getting from this. Hopefully this will be good
Strike105

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:03 am Reply with quote
As much as I want a new Getter Robo anime, I am a little worried about this one for a variety of reasons.

None of the Getter Robo anime or OVAs produced up to now have been straight adaptations of any of the various manga, and by all accounts, this so far looks to be a straight adaptation of a manga that was never finished.

The original Arc manga was part of the original Getter Robo manga universe, with strong ties to its immediate predecessors, Getter Robo Go and its prequel, Shin Getter Robo, of which only the former received not one, but two animated adaptations, including a TV anime adaptation with an original story in the early 90s, and an OVA in 2000 that followed Go's story more closely, but was still mostly original, and borrowed many elements from other stories.

With that in mind, anime-only viewers will likely be lost if Arc takes the straight adaptation approach, even if they do have to tack on an original ending
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:55 am Reply with quote
So it's 3DCG, but they are animating it like they do in 2D.
snake-eyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I Love Getter Robo. Armageddon was Awesome. New Getter and Neo were great too. Now if someone could get, Getter Robo and Getter Robo G, on Blu Ray, that would be even more Ideal!
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:50 pm Reply with quote
snake-eyes wrote:
I Love Getter Robo. Armageddon was Awesome. New Getter and Neo were great too. Now if someone could get, Getter Robo and Getter Robo G, on Blu Ray, that would be even more Ideal!

Most likely Discotek since they got the Getter OVAs but none of TV shows.
snake-eyes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Cyberdraco, I know Jim Terry produced 25 episodes of Force Five. My cousin in Boston got to see each episode. I saw only Compilation films of Grendizer, Gaiking, Getter Robo G, and Danguard Ace. I did see all of Grendizer on YouTube, And Gaiking through Discotek, but it would be cool to see all the episodes like when Discotek released all 154 eps of Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger. I never get enough of Super Robots.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:35 am Reply with quote
They almost had it perfect. The mecha just needed to be drawn in that old school 2D.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:36 pm Reply with quote
If dubbed with the right voice direction and casting I may watch it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1