• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams Sailor Moon Eternal Anime Films on June 3

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Watanabefan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Is the Viz dub cast returning? I've grown to be a big fan, especially Cherami Leigh and Amanda Celine Miller.
TemplateR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I hope, that Netflix will also stream the Anime-Series "Sailor Moon Crystal", because I haven´t seen it and my last Sailor Moon-Watch, which was the original series, was.............well............loooooooooooooong ago.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:29 pm Reply with quote
The Viz cast has been tweeting they’re returning and so far it looks like the cast is back. I’m really excited for this and it was getting frustrating waiting for a news announcement so I’m really surprised and excited we got a date today on this random Tuesday and I’m very excited we’re apparently getting both movies on the same day so at least we won’t have to wait till part 2. The Dream arc is one of my favorite arcs of the manga and while I’ve come to love the original SuperS adaptation more over the years, I’ve always wanted to see a faithful adaptation of the Dream arc and I can’t wait to see it after all this time.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Watanabefan wrote:
Is the Viz dub cast returning? I've grown to be a big fan, especially Cherami Leigh and Amanda Celine Miller.

Yes. Veronica Taylor (Setsuna) confirmed it on her Instagram today.

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
The Viz cast has been tweeting they’re returning and so far it looks like the cast is back. I’m really excited for this and it was getting frustrating waiting for a news announcement so I’m really surprised and excited we got a date today on this random Tuesday and I’m very excited we’re apparently getting both movies on the same day so at least we won’t have to wait till part 2. The Dream arc is one of my favorite arcs of the manga and while I’ve come to love the original SuperS adaptation more over the years, I’ve always wanted to see a faithful adaptation of the Dream arc and I can’t wait to see it after all this time.

Hopefully we’ll get a BluRay/DVD Release soon after.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see they were able to get the Viz cast back. That sounded like Stephanie in the multi-audio trailer.

Kind of random to see them getting the movies when Crystal isn't even on Netflix, but I guess it'll get it out there to a wider audience.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Just hope that the Netflix distribution deal does not affect the Neutral Spanish dub, because Crystal managed to keep most of the original 90s Mexican voice cast, with the exception of Sailor Uranus, Pluto and Saturn.
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Viz's Moon, Chibi Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto all confirmed to reprise on Twitter. No Tweet from Christine (Saturn) yet, but I'm sure we'll get it soon enough. Sadly Kate hasn't used her social medias since last year, so we might have to wait for the movie's dub to see if she came back. No word on the villains yet either.

So excited we finally have a date, are getting BOTH movies and the Viz cast is returning! Crystal is one time I prefer Sailor Moon dubbed so it'll be nice to experience the movies through the dub first.

MFrontier wrote:
Kind of random to see them getting the movies when Crystal isn't even on Netflix, but I guess it'll get it out there to a wider audience.

Wonder if Netflix will add the older seasons of Crystal at some point?

Last edited by 1dbad on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

That's good news to hear, I was skeptical at first that some of the cast members particularly Cristina Vee and Amanda C. Miller weren't going to return to voice their characters again since VSI Los Angeles is dubbing the films over Studiopolis along with the fact that Amanda C. Miller hasn't done ANY voiceover work at VSI aside from scriptwriting and Cristina Vee rarely works at VSI LA.

As for Kate Higgins, that's up in the air, considering I haven't seen her done any new dubbing work at other studios including Bang Zoom! and VSI outside of her dubbing work at Studiopolis.

MFrontier wrote:
Glad to see they were able to get the Viz cast back. That sounded like Stephanie in the multi-audio trailer.

I know right, I'm more grateful that Cristina Vee and Amanda C. Miller are returning to voice their characters considering the latter hasn't done ANY voiceover work at VSI aside from scriptwriting for certain shows dubbed at the studio and she's currently living in Georgia and not LA, and the former doesn't work as often at VSI LA (due to several reasons), along with the fact that she was not asked to return to voice Reina Kousaka in the Sound! Euphonium the Movie: Oath's Finale despite wanting to return to voice her character again.

Last edited by DisneyXAnimefan95 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Now if we can just get the last arc of the original series dub on a streaming service (hopefully Netflix too) we'll be in business. I don't know how much longer I can hold out from buying the 2 Blu-ray sets.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Why Netflix? Why not just put it on Hulu instead since the rest of the original Sailor Moon anime streams there?
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Sedna wrote:
Why Netflix? Why not just put it on Hulu instead since the rest of the original Sailor Moon anime streams there?
Because Toei wants to release the movies globally and we're in the middle of a pandemic and Hulu doesn't have a global outreach like Netflix. If you're in Canada for instance, you won't get to see it because Hulu is blocked there.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh well welcome to Netflix jail for those waiting for home media release. You’re in for a long wait

Pretty sure Netflix will have an exclusivity clause for however long

look at Violet Evergarden only just getting a UK release and no US yet and Carol and Tuesday is MIA as far as home video goes
I Am Audrey, how are you

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
look at Violet Evergarden only just getting a UK release and no US yet and Carol and Tuesday is MIA as far as home video goes

Actually in the US, FUNimation acquired distribution rights

Here’s it on their shop
https://shop.funimation.com/home-video/violet-evergarden-violet-evergarden---the-complete-series---limited-edition/BLD-01015.html (Out of stock currently due to high demand)
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:27 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
look at Violet Evergarden only just getting a UK release and no US yet

FUNimation released Violet Evergarden here back in December.....though the release was botched for reasons.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:56 pm Reply with quote
When it says "globally", it means more than just a handful of countries....right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2