• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kōhei Horikoshi Confirms My Hero Academia Manga Still Heading Towards His Planned Ending

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeceptiTom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I know we are still 2-4 years from this ending, but I hope that after all is aid and done, they Shippuden this or give us a another class of characters because I love this world and its characters and I want them to milk it for all its worth.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:18 pm Reply with quote
DeceptiTom wrote:
I know we are still 2-4 years from this ending, but I hope that after all is aid and done, they Shippuden this or give us a another class of characters because I love this world and its characters and I want them to milk it for all its worth.

It's popular enough for it. I can imagine them going the Fairy Tail route where they do spinoffs with a different artist.
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:24 pm Reply with quote
They're gonna Boruto the crap out of it. It'll be about Meku, Deku's daughter with *insert ship here* about how she doesn't want to be the #1 hero and initially despises her father's popularity. Ultimately, Meku decides to train under Bakugo and ends up becoming the #2 hero. Laughing

Seriously, this world is awesome, agreed. I hope some spin off. Maybe about a Global Hero Academy? Heroes who support agencies across the world?
Hal14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I really hope Vigilantes gets an adaptation, especially because that one looks like it's close to ending.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:29 pm Reply with quote
They could give the spin-off Vigilantes it’s own show.

It’s done incredibly well for a spin-off, recently reaching a hundred chapters.
Dovah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
DeceptiTom wrote:

I can understand that outlook. When you watch something that really connects with you it can be hard to say no to a second helping, but don't you think it's best to end on a high note and let the work stand as it is? You may find yourself regretting asking for more later on if it really goes badly.

I can't imagine franchises like Fullmetal Alchemist or Cowboy Bebop being as beloved as they are if they went on to include a bunch of sequels and spin offs, and the creators definitely knew plenty of people would be up for that kind of thing. It's hard enough to write one good story, trying to catch lighting twice is exponentially more difficult unless you have a really good idea in mind. I prefer to leave the franchise's legacy alone.
Honeyman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:

I've seen the two films for MHA so far but none of the main series. I started buying the MHA: Vigilantes manga though as the characters appeared to be more interesting with the series focusing on fewer of them and the art's great. It deserves at least a 12-13 episode run and it would be nice to see that greenlit at some point.
Raven.In.Pink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Honeyman wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

I've seen the two films for MHA so far but none of the main series. I started buying the MHA: Vigilantes manga though as the characters appeared to be more interesting with the series focusing on fewer of them and the art's great. It deserves at least a 12-13 episode run and it would be nice to see that greenlit at some point.

Vigilantes definitely could use an anime on its own. Especially the parts that feature spoiler[Aizawa’s past as a UA student.] I still love the main series more, but Vigilantes is a great example of a good spin-off/prequel.

Personally, I don’t want MHA to get Boruto-ed or Fairytail-ed. I adore everything about MHA, but making its story and its characters continue past where it was intended to end would tarnish its legacy. Just because a series is popular doesn’t mean it should be forced to go on forever.

Last edited by Raven.In.Pink on Sat May 01, 2021 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail is a series carried by its cast, that's why you don't see fans complaining about 100 Year's Quest since the personalities are intact, as long as you can set the same characters with the same group dynamic in a competently written scenario fans will like it.

HeroAca can pull the continuation trick as long as it does the same since it is also a carried-by-its-cast type of series, all it needs to do is show is Deku and the other's PRO hero job while they themselves tech at UA a class made of the brats Bakugo and Todoroki faced during their exam plus Eri and Kota.

As long as they don't over complicate the plot with Aliens or world building breaking twists everything will be ok.

I am looking at you DBS and Burrito.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

As long as they don't over complicate the plot with Aliens or world building breaking twists everything will be ok.

I am looking at you DBS and Burrito.

Aliens and world breaking building twists are too much for you in those stories eventhough their predecessors had it too?
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:49 pm Reply with quote
It's almost a How I Met Your Mother type thing except Deku is saying how he became the great hero. He has to be telling the story to someone or even writing it himself as an autobiography. It has potential for a Next Gen or like some said, Shuppuden. I see them giving us something to look forward to later on.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:15 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or is this kind of becoming a (very welcome) trend with modern shounen manga? Assuming he's not BSing here, of course (insert Aoyama Gosho side-eye here). Like we're finally moving away from stories written with no real plan, hoping for perpetual serialization.
Tentaigan

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:23 pm Reply with quote
DeceptiTom wrote:

My Hero: Dekuuden
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1