• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy - Kingdom Series' Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Three full seasons of mediocre acting, crammed storytelling, and this trailer proves this last one will be no different than the previous two.

What a waste this show was.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:57 am Reply with quote
At least Jake Foushee is sounding a little more convincing as a Peter Cullen-alike, though he occasionally has a weird accent at times. Looks like the animation improved a bit and they might do the BW characters some justice, but I'm still very concerned about the story, It'll certainly be more ambitious that it has time for just like the previous seasons. At least we wont have to suffer through endless background clones.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:33 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
At least Jake Foushee is sounding a little more convincing as a Peter Cullen-alike, though he occasionally has a weird accent at times. Looks like the animation improved a bit and they might do the BW characters some justice, but I'm still very concerned about the story, It'll certainly be more ambitious that it has time for just like the previous seasons. At least we wont have to suffer through endless background clones.

Emerje

I'm sure he'll still deliver one last meme-worthy Optimus Prime in this final season.

I have to admit, seeing the BW characters in there and the animation on them looking pretty good has gotten me kind of hyped in-spite of myself.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:09 am Reply with quote
Where's Waspinator at? This is Season 1 of Beast Wars apparently, you gotta have him around.
Horsefellow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:09 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
At least Jake Foushee is sounding a little more convincing as a Peter Cullen-alike, though he occasionally has a weird accent at times. Looks like the animation improved a bit and they might do the BW characters some justice, but I'm still very concerned about the story, It'll certainly be more ambitious that it has time for just like the previous seasons. At least we wont have to suffer through endless background clones

It'd be nice if it didn't have the typical Netflix show problem where "seasons" are only 6 episodes long. That's way too short and not enough time to flesh out any kind of character or story depths for the kind of scale this show was going for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1