• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yo-kai Watch 1 Game to Launch on Smartphones on Saturday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:49 pm Reply with quote
The original Yo-kai Watch probably would've been a worldwide phenomenon in the early-to-mid 2010s had it been a smartphone game from the get-go. The 3DS wasn't that popular outside of Japan during its lifespan, so there was no way the game or the franchise as a whole would've been a phenomenon overseas if it wasn't on iOS or Android rather than the 3DS.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:28 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
The original Yo-kai Watch probably would've been a worldwide phenomenon in the early-to-mid 2010s had it been a smartphone game from the get-go. The 3DS wasn't that popular outside of Japan during its lifespan, so there was no way the game or the franchise as a whole would've been a phenomenon overseas if it wasn't on iOS or Android rather than the 3DS.

Well there were Yo-kai Watch Smartphone games and they all failed. Though yes they were not main games, but I just don’t see how it being on Smartphones before 3DS would have helped it.

Now if it had either been original DS, Wii(Not Wii U but the original) or just waited for the Switch then I could see it being way more successful.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:58 pm Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:

Now if it had either been original DS, Wii(Not Wii U but the original) or just waited for the Switch then I could see it being way more successful.

Why? Just curious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1