• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo Pens New Bleach 1-Shot Manga

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SP654

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:10 am Reply with quote
And still no word about the new season For the bleach anime
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:15 am Reply with quote
Amazing. Still waiting on Burn the Witch, if only because I long for the days of getting Kubo'd weekly.
Rhythmysticaltycious

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:59 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah finally something new in Bleach universe! Cant wait!
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Knew about this for the past few days. 73 pages is a good 4 chapters. I hope we get to see Orihime. The end of the chapter could have news on the anime.

Quote:
Kubo launched Bleach in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2001

August 7th, 2001, hence this 20th anniversary chapter in the same week.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Still hoping the anime that comes out does what Tite Kubo originally intended instead of the axed ending of the manga
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
Still hoping the anime that comes out does what Tite Kubo originally intended instead of the axed ending of the manga

You mean five more years of drawn-out fights and dozens of new characters until it gets to the exact same conclusion? Very Happy
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:18 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Soulwarfare wrote:

You mean five more years of drawn-out fights and dozens of new characters until it gets to the exact same conclusion? Very Happy

Bit disingenuous. I think people are wanting a better, more explained resolution to the final battle in the manga...very few have problems have the two chapter epilogue that tied everything together.
JeffreySweeney

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:14 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:

I had researched the situation a while back. Apparently Kubo had to rush the ending because he was suffering from illness very frequently during the tail end of the final arc. I'm assuming that means he had been overworking himself to the point of exhaustion, but who knows.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't know. I think the war arc was really poorly handled. Ichigo gets axed before he can even participate and then is overshadowed by Urahara and all the other members from Soul Society like in Arrancar but quite rushed. Even Ichigo's new powers were wasted as he is defeated by Juha like nothing and the second round was more rushed than the finale of Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I hope Pierrot saves this arc.
gedata

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:

The manga was never "axed" stopped peddling this nonsense.
sweaf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I remember the day when I got super excited to finally being able to read the latest chapter of the Big Three. Back in the day. One piece Naruto Bleach. Ahh good old days.
Mr. Toto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:42 pm Reply with quote
All fans of Bleach should read the manga again from scratch, as it is a very different experience from the anime. The pacing is quicker and the series, more poetic. Each volume starts with a poem for a reason: the latter arcs of Bleach are symbolic and deeply explore themes surrounding death.

Anime fans rarely notice this and it’s worth rereading for a complete understanding of Kubo’s intent.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:38 pm Reply with quote
New content for Bleach will always be a welcomed sight for me.
Touma55

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Toto wrote:
All fans of Bleach should read the manga again from scratch, as it is a very different experience from the anime. The pacing is quicker and the series, more poetic. Each volume starts with a poem for a reason: the latter arcs of Bleach are symbolic and deeply explore themes surrounding death.

Anime fans rarely notice this and it’s worth rereading for a complete understanding of Kubo’s intent.

Absolutely agree with this 100%. I also think the series flows a lot better when you don't read it weekly. It also has some very subtle foreshadowing that most people don't pick up on the first time through.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:45 am Reply with quote
I hated the ending. It annoys me when authors go the spoiler[years later everyone’s is married an has kids] route, but I especially hated this ending because to me there was never any hints spoiler[ of romance betweenIchigo and Orihime and suddenly 10 years later they’re married with a kid?!] That completely ruined the whole story for me. Yup, that single thing completely ruined 600+ Chapters. I wonder if this new chapter will be about spoiler[Rukia and Renji’s wedding]? Now that I could see and it made sense to me. From his introduction I felt it was left very clear that spoiler[Renji had feelings for Rukia.]
I would like to read about that, but I don’t want to see anything about spoiler[ ichigo and orihime] so in my case, this series is dead and buried, unfortunately. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3