• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kentarou Miura, Studio Gaga's Duranki Manga Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:55 am Reply with quote
Miura did the layouts (NAME) and the story for the manga so it would be very hard to go on without him, despite the team knowing where the story will go as aged-up designs of the cast were shown off when the work started. I don´t know who wrote the actual dialogue though. Could have been both Miura and his team. A bit like the so-called Marvel Method.
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-marvel-method-depictions/

YA continuing to put Berserk in limbo but not Duranki shows that something is up. There is no reason to expect a traditional sequel to Berserk outside of maybe getting one more or so episode out as there is a realistic limit to how much Miura broke down the current arc. Yet I wouldn´t be surprised if Studio Gaga, his editor and Miura´s manga friends came together to make... something. Even if it would be the manga equivalent of the Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:34 pm Reply with quote
May Miura and this series now rest in peace.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:29 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:

YA continuing to put Berserk in limbo but not Duranki shows that something is up.

I feel like the publisher could justify continuing Berserk since it's a beloved series that fans have been following for decades. But Duranki was a new series and far less famous than Berserk. It only ran for six chapters and had been on hiatus for a year when Miura died, so I don't feel like it had a chance to build up enough fans to justify a continuation with the creator having passed.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:41 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Miura did the layouts (NAME) and the story for the manga so it would be very hard to go on without him, despite the team knowing where the story will go as aged-up designs of the cast were shown off when the work started. I don´t know who wrote the actual dialogue though.

I remember spending a long time trying to work out the credits for the encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1