• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Artist huke Launches New Black Rock Shooter Anime Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giovanni Jiménez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 pm Reply with quote
It's a TV anime according to the official website.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Ohh ho ho! One of the neat perks is the story of this IP can almost be anything (hopefully they keep the yuri-ness at least) so who knows what the new anime is going to be about.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Black Rock Shooter returns!
olgita

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Just don't make this about high schoolers again and I'll be happy.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:56 am Reply with quote
I remember when this guy showed up at Anime Expo many years ago and he was so completely paranoid of people seeing his real face and body that he showed up in camo and wore a mask.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:47 am Reply with quote
I remember they were suppose to announced like last year they were going to do some new project for the 10th anniversay i guess this is it.

look forward to it.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:49 am Reply with quote
Please bring me your most unhinged ideas!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:04 am Reply with quote
I hope we get something like the OVA, as that was the better of the two. The TV show had an expanded story, but the other world fight scenes were a mess. It was like someone taught Paul Greengrass how to use Maya.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:23 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I hope we get something like the OVA, as that was the better of the two. The TV show had an expanded story, but the other world fight scenes were a mess. It was like someone taught Paul Greengrass how to use Maya.

I want to say that the story itself was better in the TV version, but as much as I liked it, Mari Okada didn't really do anything with it that she didn't later improve on during the first two coeurs of WIXOSS. Regardless, I'm always up for more BRS.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:32 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

The CGI in BRS is generally considered some of the best in regular TV anime, so thats....a weird thing for you to say.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:40 am Reply with quote
I think that depends on who you talk to, and maybe when - it is very impressive for its time, and seems like it was a stepping stone to things like Promare. At the same time, it's still pretty limited in what it is, and if you asked me to take it over anything 2D, it'd be like...only if I really have to!

I thought the TV show was, overall...very bad. I haven't seen all of Okada's work, but it seemed like a collection of some of the worst impulses you tend to see in her writing. To be fair, I also had a hard time getting into the PSP game, although it was interesting enough that I'll probably try it again.

It's weird to remember how hot BRS was for a while before it even had any story and then it just kind of evaporated. Interested in seeing how this new thing turns out, at least.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1