• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Unveils Trailer, More Cast for Super Crooks Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockSplash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I really like that this and Great Pretender continue the trend of having anime protagonists that are not teenagers or children. It used to be more common, but LNs rarely have protagonists above the age of 18. I am 24, so its nice to see that in anime. I am fine with children and teens, but variety is alwaya good
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:11 pm Reply with quote
This looks way better than Jupiter’s Legacy did, maybe because while heist shows are common, super powered anime heist isn’t. Contrast with Millar’s other show which felt derivative of other works.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Pierre Taki supposed to the blacklisted from the Japanese entertaiment industry due to drug charges?
RockSplash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:37 pm Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
Isn't Pierre Taki supposed to the blacklisted from the Japanese entertaiment industry due to drug charges?

It's been a bit, and in 2019 the actor got tons of likes, irritating Japanese police. I think it's safe to say he's able to get back to doing things. Other Japanese actors and stars have done it.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Seems like it could be a fun show.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if its will get an english dub later, i think this series was deserve to have the best dub due to the setting, the character had a american superhero/villain influence, first time an american comic being adapted into an anime and its was related to Jupiter's legacy.

I hope for the dub had a all star cast like the japanese counterpart
ssjtennis1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:33 am Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
I wonder if its will get an english dub later

I don't think there has been a single Netflix anime that hasn't been accompanied by an English dub besides Blue Period and Komi-san (but those are weekly). Safe to say there will be an English dub this time too unless Netflix has suddenly changed the way they release their shows that are not weekly.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:15 am Reply with quote
This looks like it's going to be tons of fun. Totally looking forward to this one
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:45 am Reply with quote
ssjtennis1 wrote:
Farhanawesome wrote:

I don't think there has been a single Netflix anime that hasn't been accompanied by an English dub besides Blue Period and Komi-san (but those are weekly). Safe to say there will be an English dub this time too unless Netflix has suddenly changed the way they release their shows that are not weekly.

I mean, it’s likely this will be drop all episodes at release, so it’s most likely to have a dub. The same could be for Blue Period and Komi that may have their dubs released after the weekly releases.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:32 am Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
ssjtennis1 wrote:
Farhanawesome wrote:

I mean, it’s likely this will be drop all episodes at release, so it’s most likely to have a dub. The same could be for Blue Period and Komi that may have their dubs released after the weekly releases.

That's what I'm assuming at this point.
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:40 am Reply with quote
The show looks interesting and may turn out to be interesting.

But that aside, I just think it's funny that the only reason it exists is because Netflix had handed a pile of cash to Mark Millar to develop mostly conceptual and unproven IP plus a few existing comics into series, then spent another pile of cash on the Jupiter's Legacy live-action series to be first up, but which was executed poorly, received poorly, and prematurely cancelled after one season.

So this now-orphaned Jupiter's Legacy-adjacent anime is what remains of yet another attempt at forcing a superhero cinematic universe into existence. So much secondhand embarrassment from watching them still pretend this is still all part of an amazing plan.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:21 am Reply with quote
That's a pretty good cast. Nice to see Taki get into anime. I look forward to his role.
Stelman257

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:11 am Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
I hope for the dub had a all star cast like the japanese counterpart

I feel like this has started meaning less and less as time goes on honestly. As long as the dub sounds great it doesn't matter if the VA is a popular 80's/90's veteran or a newer person who got their big break a few years ago. Even Kenjiro Tsuda in the japanese cast, compared to the other 90's veterans alongside him, didn't break out until 2014ish, being mostly cast as a few small roles here and there (with Kaiba being the ONE big exception).
As it turns out, the dub cast has a similar mix of old school veterans alongside popular newer VA's just like the japanese cast.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:04 am Reply with quote
Post removed~

A little off topic. Please stay on the topic at hand.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1