• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix U.S. Adds Kuroko's Basketball: Last Game, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:25 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if they'd eventually get to the movie...And they have Part 5 just in time for Part 6 in December.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:18 am Reply with quote
I wonder if these shows will be added in other regions as well, because in the case of Golden Wind a Neutral Spanish dub is has been uploaded weekly since May of this year but it is only available on Netflix's Japanese branch. The strange thing is that in Latin America the previous Jojo anime are only available in its original Japanese dub, as well as English and European Spanish, but there are credits for a Portuguese dub which is unavailable. But seeing that there's an official Neutral Spanish dub for Part 5 some people speculate that perhaps Netflix will update the language selection and will add new dubs for all Jojo seasons in preparation for the premiere of Stone Ocean.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:21 am Reply with quote
Is the movie how the manga ends?
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:50 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:

Even better, the Kuroko's Basketball movie adapts the sequel manga, which was only 1 or two volumes.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
I wonder if these shows will be added in other regions as well, because in the case of Golden Wind a Neutral Spanish dub is has been uploaded weekly since May of this year but it is only available on Netflix's Japanese branch. The strange thing is that in Latin America the previous Jojo anime are only available in its original Japanese dub, as well as English and European Spanish, but there are credits for a Portuguese dub which is unavailable. But seeing that there's an official Neutral Spanish dub for Part 5 some people speculate that perhaps Netflix will update the language selection and will add new dubs for all Jojo seasons in preparation for the premiere of Stone Ocean.

the Brazillian dub for Part 4 came out this week.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:32 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:

Really? How about Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders, are those available in Portuguese as well? As I said, there's a Neutral Spanish dub made in Mexico for Part 5, but is currently unavailable outside of Netflix Japan. There were also some leaks about actors involved in previous parts as well, the weird thing is that Jotaro is voiced by the same actor who voiced Rohan in the OVA. Vinland Saga is another anime whose Latino dub was leaked by Netflix Japan, but there's no mention when is coming out in LatAm.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
johnnysasaki wrote:

Really? How about Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders, are those available in Portuguese as well? As I said, there's a Neutral Spanish dub made in Mexico for Part 5, but is currently unavailable outside of Netflix Japan. There were also some leaks about actors involved in previous parts as well, the weird thing is that Jotaro is voiced by the same actor who voiced Rohan in the OVA. Vinland Saga is another anime whose Latino dub was leaked by Netflix Japan, but there's no mention when is coming out in LatAm.

all four Parts are in Portuguese.Vinland Saga also got a Portuguese dub,but only in Japan so far as well
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Excellent now I get to watch the film.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:45 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
tintor2 wrote:

Even better, the Kuroko's Basketball movie adapts the sequel manga, which was only 1 or two volumes.

That's how you do a movie, man! I'm so hyped to see this again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1