• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime NYC 2021 - Love of Kill Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boldulysses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the initial impressions. The manga is pretty hit-or-miss. It reads more like a series of setpieces the author wanted to draw strung together. Hopefully the anime can organize everything into a cohesive structure/plot.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I have quite enjoyed the manga, found it very entertaining, and the characters are a delight. Hopefully the anime will do it justice.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:46 am Reply with quote
I remember somewhat similar but less creepy manga setting, where CEO of huge bio-medical corporation witnessed female assassin doing her job and fell in love from first sight, so he put a hit on himself (using an alias) with with disclaimer that his crush must be assigned the task.

He was to shy to approach her normally, you see, so that way he'd have plenty of opportunity to keep meeting her while she keeps trying to murder him. Oh, and he modified his body using his company latest technologies to be better able to survive his love's attempts at doing her job. Of course, he keeps paying her bosses for murder attempts despite her repeated failures, so she's not in danger of losing her job.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy that assassin manga series too. Reading it also.

Though I think "Love of Kill" is more wholesome, per se, than "Kiruru Kill Me". But I like both.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1