• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chivalry of a Failed Knight Light Novel Series to End Next Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smeagol_17

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Sol Press is most likely dead. Their website is not working since August, with their last twitter update on 12 August "it will be back soon".

Also, Sol Press, LLC is now "FTB Forfeited" (suspended or forfeited by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to meet tax requirements ):
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/qjv1ea/sol_press_llc_is_now_ftb_forfeited_suspended_or/
Rogural

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Really sucks that Sol Press has more or less licensed the series to kill it off in English. Hoping that any other company could come in and save it, but not going to hold my breath. Disappointing.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Publisher Sol Press is releasing the novels in English.

Released. As in no longer.

Sol Press has been inactive since August, with no communication whatsoever ever since their last twitter post August 12. Their websites(pantypress.com, solpress.co) are no longer. Their business has been listed FTB Forfeited in California past few months. Their Irotoridori no Sekai visual novel kickstarter is dead in the water as well.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Still be nice to see another season.

Sad to hear about Sol Press. I think that if the company goes out of business the license reverts back to the original license holder, so they should be able to license it out to another company.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I hope someone, more legitimate than Sol Press, takes up the reins of releasing the books (in print) in the West. I know a season 2 is a long shot but I would love to continue following the story (now to the end).
AP24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Just because he aims to end it next year doesn’t mean it will happen. The title of the article should be changed a little.
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:39 am Reply with quote
Interesting, I'm curious how the series has developed since the end of the anime. Hoping someone else picks the LN up down the line
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:25 am Reply with quote
AP24 wrote:
Just because he aims to end it next year doesn’t mean it will happen. The title of the article should be changed a little.

Exactly, as it should be read as something like "NEWS: Chivalry of a Failed Knight Light Novel Series is Slated to End Next Year".
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Ittou Shura! of the end of next year. This is one of the LN's that should get a 2nd season.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sad to see this one end. It peaked at the end of the Seven Stars tournament (which was fantastic). The author even sort of acknowledged that he wrote that as a possible ending in the afterward. Turning Stella into a spoiler[captured princess] as the big point for the final arc was a really questionable decision.
Rosiero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:24 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
I'm not sad to see this one end. It peaked at the end of the Seven Stars tournament (which was fantastic). The author even sort of acknowledged that he wrote that as a possible ending in the afterward. Turning Stella into a spoiler[captured princess] as the big point for the final arc was a really questionable decision.

Huh, is that so? That's surprising, considering some stuff set up in the earlier volumes doesn't really come into fruition until after the Seven Stars arc.
Not that I'm at all disagreeing that the series went downhill after that point--the Vermillion arc was a complete mess of plotlines that go nowhere, shoddy worldbuilding and a bizarrely inconsistent sense of scale for the conflict.
Still, I'd rather have that arc as-is than not have it at all, because I did enjoy a bunch of the character development and backstory reveals for some of the supporting cast. I've been eagerly awaiting the conclusion to this current arc since volume 18 dropped... here's hoping the spoiler bit you mentioned doesn't get played too straight!
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:54 am Reply with quote
I hope so as well, but when the author mentioned in the afterward he was doing that for the final arc, he seemed almost proud of it.

I do agree with you that there were some world elements / characters that didn't get fleshed out until after Seven Stars. However, I doubt he manages to touch on every little thing if it is ending so soon, and I'd rather end on a super strong finish than have the extra world building with a crash and burn finish. Maybe he will surprise me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1