• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Scarlet Nexus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:03 am Reply with quote
Yeah, considering this is based on a video game that has 50+ hours of content, most of which can't be fit into or adapted in an anime series of this length, anything the anime lacks, the game has in spades.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Not spending much time on fighting the Others is probably a case of deciding to leave that part for the game. On the flip side, it also means it doesn't do a great job of marketing the game since one of the main things you do there doesn't come off as all that interesting.
Aster97

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:49 pm Reply with quote
i played yuito's side of the game and only watched like 2 episodes of the anime, but i can say that this is a fairly accurate review.
one thing i did believe was forgotten in this article was how the creators did something interesting. every episode has like a hidden message or sign that viewers have to look out for, and if you enter those in while talking to a certain npc in the game, you get special rewards and stuff. i thought that was a unique way to get people interested in both the anime and game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1