• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of Spring 2022, May 6-12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:55 pm Reply with quote
so any big reasons for the drops or jumps for this week?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Kind of expected Aoashi's 5th episode to give it more of a bump. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it was executed really well, and was my favorite episode of the season so far
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm Reply with quote
My opinions haven’t much changed. Pretty Cure is back up (yay!) and Healer Girl deserves better. And it’s nice to see Bookworm, Dance Dance Danseur and Heroines Run the Show so high. Waccha PriMagi! still hasn’t made the list, which I think sucks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JustMonika

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see Date A Live so far down. It's my favorite series after all. Curious as to why Shield Hero is so low. Isn't it like the second coming of Christ or something? Lol
meiam

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
so any big reasons for the drops or jumps for this week?

Demon girl had a really strong mid season climax that could have been a season finale and where a lot of previous plot point paid off all at once.
Vladimir Morales

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:37 am Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Sad to see Date A Live so far down. It's my favorite series after all. Curious as to why Shield Hero is so low. Isn't it like the second coming of Christ or something? Lol

Don't worry, Date A Live is still good. The only real gripe people seem to have with the show is the "fairy tale" episode and even then, it's only because it didn't move the main story forward and only existed for Date A Live to indulge in the wacky comedy it's known for.

As for Shield Hero, yeah, that is worrying me, as well. i've only watched the English dub of the season premiere and it was pretty good, even though it was only setup, but these charts don't paint a good picture for the show. Good thing it already has a third season confirmed.

Shikimori is the show in real danger, though. Sure, it stayed strong this week, but the show will go into hiatus because of COVID and that is sure to hurt its ratings. I haven't watched that show yet, so please don't spoil it for me.
Norbuck

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:19 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Kind of expected Aoashi's 5th episode to give it more of a bump. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it was executed really well, and was my favorite episode of the season so far

I thought the same, Epsidoe 5 was amazing, but I'm guessing if not enough people are watching it to begin with, and the series isn't being reviewed here it, its unlikely to get as many 5 star ratings as it deserved.
This will likely be a sleeper hit. It's early days but I'm getting Haikyuu vibes from this. The slower pacing means there should be plenty of story to expand into further cours
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1