• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Troyca, DMM Pictures' Shinobi no Ittoki Anime Reveals Promo Video, Visual, Additional Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aster97

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:10 pm Reply with quote
if they did the original stories for Aldnoah.Zero and RE:CREATORS, then im pretty excited. kinda wish Sawano was doing the music though.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting them to do a reverse reveal of the show...first they promote it as a serious ninja action show, now they reveal it takes place at a ninja high school and the MC has a Harem. Then again, he is voiced by Ryota Ohsaka.

I wonder if the Harem is a legit element or just some fluff in-between the serious plot?
donhumberto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Meh, way to kill the little hope I had with this series with the first PV (which, at least, looked kinda cool and serious). Turns out this is going to be yet another freaking harem with a high-school setting, because, of course, we don't have enough of those... Rolling Eyes

Oh, boy, 2023 can't come soon enough because 2022 is turning out to be absolutely abysmal anime-wise...
thepepin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:48 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Meh, way to kill the little hope I had with this series with the first PV (which, at least, looked kinda cool and serious). Turns out this is going to be yet another freaking harem with a high-school setting, because, of course, we don't have enough of those... Rolling Eyes

Oh, boy, 2023 can't come soon enough because 2022 is turning out to be absolutely abysmal anime-wise...

If anime gambling sites were a thing, I would put a ton of money on all those girls throwing themselves at him in the preview turning out to be rival ninja clan members trying to kill him. Also, where are all these high school harem anime that you speak of? That is a subgenre in serious decline and - this season aside - the school genre is in decline also. Nearly all harem shows these days are isekai and fantasy. Some of them do have "magic schools" I guess but I don't see how any of those would remind you of this show.
Vladimir Morales

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:17 pm Reply with quote
So, we have Ryota Ohsaka, Haruka Shiraishi and Miyu Tomita in the same anime? Now, we just need Madoka Asahina, Sayumi Suzushiro and Lynn and we'll have the complete cast from We Never Learn! Perfection!
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:55 pm Reply with quote
This anime is confusing me so much, I wouldn't be surprised if the school harem bit ends up being some sort of fakeout or coverup too. I'll have to wait until the actual first episode to see if I'll enjoy it or not
thepepin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:28 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
This anime is confusing me so much, I wouldn't be surprised if the school harem bit ends up being some sort of fakeout or coverup too. I'll have to wait until the actual first episode to see if I'll enjoy it or not

Went back and read the previous articles for this and watched the first trailer. If this is a harem anime then it is an atypical one. Harem shows usually avoid prominent male characters other than the MC and this has at least 2-3. They also usually don't feature parents - the MC either lives alone or with a grandparent or aunt - but this one has his mother. Also a major draw for harem shows is for the audience to look at the girls but these character designs are "normal anime girls" i.e. not notably attractive or cute and with regular, not fanservicey, outfits. They have done a lot to promote the ninja aspect but absolutely nothing for any harem angle. Just "he will be attending ninja school and will meet girls there" so far.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:43 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:

The only reason I don't think it's a complete fakeout or coverup is the fact that it goes against what they initially promoted the series as, so why reveal it now? Unless they feel like it'll sell better with more cute girls.

That being said I could see them being from rival ninja clans so they can do a "love versus death" type plot.
zztop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 am Reply with quote
IMO still too early to pass judgement on what the anime will be like, at this point in time. It could easily be a 50-50 thing; 50% serious stuff and 50% harem stuff.

Best to wait until it's aired some episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1