• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HIDIVE Roku App

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chii85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Why am I getting kicked out of roku?
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Chii85 wrote:
Why am I getting kicked out of roku?

This may help...

I know I have to periodically re-register my roku units with HiDive. The roku gives me a code (someplace ) and I have to go to https://www.hidive.com/linkdevice and enter it.

It always makes me mad because I always have to search on how to do it, because HiDive makes finding that 'type in the code from your device' page on their site quite unobvious to me.

I hope that is it, otherwise somebody else maybe could help with some more detail on the problem.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:25 pm Reply with quote
If you're referring to it suddenly shutting down, I'm pretty sure the app is just super buggy and crashes occasionally. Sometimes it goes down for maintenance randomly. Happens to me too.
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:40 pm Reply with quote
And now it's happening to me. HiDive crashed on me twice in the last few hours, and then I got a notice saying it is down for maintenance. Sad

Today's the first day for the new Urusei Yatsura show, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:
And now it's happening to me. HiDive crashed on me twice in the last few hours, and then I got a notice saying it is down for maintenance. Sad

Today's the first day for the new Urusei Yatsura show, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

It's making it very hard for me to do my job!
Nicholai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I've a Roku/HiDive issue of a different flavor. I signed up for HiDive through Roku. I received a confirmation email from Roku but for two days I wasn't able to view anything; kept getting notifications that I had to subscribe in order to watch each show. I contacted HiDive who replied:

"It appears you have not completed the sign up process as an account was created with no billing information attached, therefore no trial nor subscription was started.

No worries, though. All you need to do is access us on a computer in a web browser and finish with the steps below:

* Sign in and click your Avatar in the top right-hand corner of the site and select "My Account"
* If you are unable to log into your account, click Forgot Password
* Next, click the blue button "Subscribe Now"
* Next click "Sign Me Up" and select the membership you prefer
* Lastly, input payment information to finish the sign-up process and begin your 14day trial"

That makes it sound like I need to subscribe through HiDive, in which case what was the point for giving my credit card info to Roku to subscribe to channels if the process doesn't work? I might as well subscribe individually through each streaming service's website.

Anyway, two days after my failed attempt, I canceled my subscription to HiDive through Roku and am wondering if I want to bother with HiDive.

I subscribe direct through Crunchyroll for Crunchyroll streaming and have no issue viewing their content on Roku, so subscribing through Roku seems pointless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1