• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha's Shonen Magazine R Ends Publication in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Is it normal for a magazine to just end like this but then re-arrange its currently running titles?
NikamiYuhara

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:38 am Reply with quote
I remember when this magazine started and seemed like an interesting concept and I hoped some of the titles would be localized. Hope all the titles have smooth transitions to other publications.
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:50 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Is it normal for a magazine to just end like this but then re-arrange its currently running titles?

Very normal, especially if the series itself do well and the mangaka wish to continue. Sometimes the series will have slightly different title too. Blood Blockade Battlefront added B2B to its title when it moved to SQ Crown (its previous magazine died) while D.Gray-man which also ran and moved in the same magazine didn't have any title change.
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:07 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

That's what it usually happens, unless a series is very close to ending and/or not popular enough to continue, then it usually gets a quick ending. Eg. when ITAN sadly died, many of its series like Seiketsu no kaijuu or Noumen joshi Hanako-san were assigned to BE LOVE, Comic DAYS, etc. But others like Oukoku no ko, which were close to ending anyway, were just basically cut short.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1