• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 16th Manga Taisho Awards Nominate 11 Titles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:34 am Reply with quote
Of all these the only one I know is "Akane-banashi" and it's really very interesting. I'd like it to win.
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:00 am Reply with quote
Haha, not a Yamaguchi Takayuki manga getting nominated! Then again I guess Gekikou Kamen is a bit less out there than some of his other works.
Toyokaaaa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:04 am Reply with quote
Love to see The Summer Hikaru Died getting the spotlight again.
Totally deserved.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:03 am Reply with quote
I actually have no clue about this year's nominees, I usually know at least 1 of them if not read them.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I actually have no clue about this year's nominees, I usually know at least 1 of them if not read them.

Akane-banashi is a rakugo manga that has gotten praise from Eiichiro Oda and Hideaki Anno. animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-08-01/evangelion-creator-hideaki-anno-recommends-akane-banashi-manga/.188234

Goodbye, Eri is a one-shot from Tatsuki Fujimoto (Chainsaw Man creator).

Takopi's Original Sin is a two-volume manga from Taizan No. 5. It was a cult hit with Japanese readers and is available on Manga Plus. The author has a new series called "The Ichinose Family's Deadly Sins" in WSJ and on Manga Plus.

The Summer Hikaru Died is a boy's love/horror manga that has been growing in popularity recently. Yen Press recently licensed the manga.

Super no Ura de Yani Sū Futari is a romcom manga about a frustrated office worker. It won the Next Manga Award for digital manga last year under a different title.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-08-31/medalist-witch-watch-akane-banashi-win-next-manga-awards-2022-results/.188752

Onna no Sono no Hoshi is a manga from Yama Wayama, who has had two other works nominated for the award (Captivated, by You and Let's Go Karaoke), and those two were licensed by Yen Press.

You and I Are Polar Opposites is a school-set romcom that is available on Manga Plus, and the only one I've read up until the recent chapter which came out 2 days ago (it's biweekly).

Hope this helped.
OtomeGay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see The Summer Hikaru Died continue to get love! Tenmaku no Jadūgal: A Witch's Life in Mongol looks really interesting as well, and I've heard a lot of positive things about Onna no Sono no Hoshi.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Based Fujimoto
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1