• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! School Idol Festival Game Shuts Down After Nearly 10 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jindujun93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:31 am Reply with quote
This one kind of sucks to see. I did quit the game last year in April because it was getting greedier and greedier (especially the fact that birthday boxes switched over to being paid gems only, pulling on the Dia birthday box always was my highlight of the year), and event fatigue was getting to me, but... yeah, this one has been a part of my life for so long that it feels kind of unreal to see it go. Gave me so much pretty artwork of the girls to enjoy over the years (some of which gave me inspiration for my own writing projects), so you had a good run, SIF. Even if the writing was on the wall for a while now.
Blazi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:31 am Reply with quote
The End of an Era.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:23 am Reply with quote
I'm just so happy we get to keep our cards! I've sunk way too much money into SIF so to see my spoils be able to get transferred into SIF2 makes me so happy.
senketsumatoi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:06 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I'm just so happy we get to keep our cards! I've sunk way too much money into SIF so to see my spoils be able to get transferred into SIF2 makes me so happy.

Is that so? I'm glad that's the case because I'd hate to lose all those years of grinding and scouting...
lucio542

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:50 am Reply with quote
I played until level 300, really good game for me.
Sad to see it coming to a end.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:00 pm Reply with quote
senketsumatoi wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Is that so? I'm glad that's the case because I'd hate to lose all those years of grinding and scouting...

It is!
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:33 pm Reply with quote
10 years is a good run for a mobile game. It was probably time for a new game to come out to replace it and being able to keep your stuff is a great consumer feature.
Octonian
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Sadly my understanding is we'll only be able to transfer the albums, not the cards themselves in any gameplay sense. If anyone definitively knows otherwise I'd welcome a correction!
Jindujun93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Octonian wrote:
Sadly my understanding is we'll only be able to transfer the albums, not the cards themselves in any gameplay sense. If anyone definitively knows otherwise I'd welcome a correction!

That's exactly it, only the album. And even then, only if you are from outside Europe.
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:11 am Reply with quote
First the Bayonetta 3 ending, now Love Live! is shutting down...
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:21 am Reply with quote
I did play this for a bit when I first got a smart phone. It's kind of sad to see a game that lasted this long go, especially when the market is flooded with mobile games that are lucky to last a year.
Davidsavage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:50 am Reply with quote
It's always sad to see something that has been a part of your life for a long time come to an end, but it's important to focus on the good memories and experiences that it brought you. It sounds like SIF (Love Live! School Idol Festival) was a source of joy and inspiration for you, and that's something to be grateful for. Besides I understand that it is more convenient for me to use this source to do my paper https://edubirdie.com/do-my-paper; It's amazing how something as seemingly simple as a mobile game can bring people together and create a sense of community. Even though SIF may be ending, you can always cherish the memories and connections that it brought you, and look forward to new experiences and opportunities in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1