• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hirogaru Sky! Precure Anime Casts Ayumu Murase, Ayaka Nanase

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catbot158

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:46 pm Reply with quote
First official male Precure? And he’s played by Ayumu Murase? Let’s goooooooooo!!! Very Happy
cheshire1501

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I guess if you're going to turn a shonen protagonist into a fly themed magical boy, Hinata Shoyo was the most natural option
JennLegacy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I had a sneaking suspicion Toei was using Black Pepper as testing grounds especially since he was getting merch normally reserved for Cure characters only. It'd be really cool if he gets retroactively counted in the future like Shiny Luminous and Milky Rose are.

Also, wow, they are really doing a lot of new things this year. First our first blue protag, then our first main cast male Cure, and our first adult Cure? Really excited for this season!
StarFan13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:20 pm Reply with quote
well first we got Male Sailors now we got a Male Cure this year got male magical girls
gsilver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Cure Fire would be proud that the dream finally became a reality
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Getting real Super Sentai vibes here. A consistent decline in toys sales year after year, where each new season is the new lowest selling in the franchise, leading to them getting wacky with ideas.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:21 pm Reply with quote
A MALE PRECURE?! LET’S GOOOOOO!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Male Cure and an adult Cure? Wow.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Wow, now these are certainly huge deals right here. Interesting! I can't wait to see how it plays out! Also, I noticed something funny about all the seiyuu so far: All their names begin with the letter A.
moony_badger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow, really loving the designs of the new cast so far!
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:43 pm Reply with quote
A childhood dream has come true! I've been OBSESSED with magical girl series ever since I was a little boy, and have always wished magical boys were a thing. And now we have one!

Last edited by 1dbad on Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
wolf10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Casting Murase is almost too easy, but that's just me using cynicism to distract from all the excited flailing I'm doing internally. I already love his color scheme and his impractically tiny top hat.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:12 pm Reply with quote
JennLegacy wrote:
I had a sneaking suspicion Toei was using Black Pepper as testing grounds especially since he was getting merch normally reserved for Cure characters only.

Could even say they've been testing grounds since Hugtto with Cure Infini.

JennLegacy wrote:
Also, wow, they are really doing a lot of new things this year. First our first blue protag, then our first main cast male Cure, and our first adult Cure? Really excited for this season!

It's also the first protagonist who's not a normal girl from Earth. This part surprised me more than her being the first blue protagonist, as lots of people would see that aspect as part of making the protagonist more relatable to the audience.
onpufan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the Twitter trends in Japan, I noticed Cure Gorilla is one of them. Seems a lot people are making a lot of jokes about him being the true first male Precure Laughing

IceKirby wrote:
Could even say they've been testing grounds since Hugtto with Cure Infini.

To be fair Henri self proclaimed himself as a Precure. He didn't actually get an official name from the fairies or higher powers or anything. That was the series where the whole city became Precures in the finale for a few moments to give their energy to defeat George so I don't think it's meant to be actually be anything official.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:54 pm Reply with quote
onpufan wrote:
To be fair Henri self proclaimed himself as a Precure. He didn't actually get an official name from the fairies or higher powers or anything. That was the series where the whole city became Precures in the finale for a few moments to give their energy to defeat George so I don't think it's meant to be actually be anything official.

Yeah, they mostly certainly didn't mean to make him an official member or anything, but they definitely used that to gauge reactions from the audience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4