• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime Gets 7th Season With Romi Park

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olgita

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:10 am Reply with quote
I actually imagined Romi Park as her, so I'm satisfied Very Happy
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:29 am Reply with quote
One more season after this one to wrap things up I guess.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:04 am Reply with quote
I'm curious where this one will end - it's been a minute since I've ready it, so is there enough in the Star and Stripe arc and the spoiler[Traitor Arc] to fill out two cours, or is there a chance they try and tackle the current manga arc as well? Because the current one feels like... a lot, considering it doesn't feel like the end is in sight.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:19 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
I'm curious where this one will end - it's been a minute since I've ready it, so is there enough in the Star and Stripe arc and the spoiler[Traitor Arc] to fill out two cours, or is there a chance they try and tackle the current manga arc as well? Because the current one feels like... a lot, considering it doesn't feel like the end is in sight.

Eww, trying to cram the current arc in there too would make for one hell of a rush job, especially considering that the end of the arc might be fairly extensive too.
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:43 am Reply with quote
I don't see how they would only adapt stars and stripes and the traitor arcs,those aren't even enough to fill 1 cour
TyroKith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:31 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking Season 7 will be the last one. There's probably one more movie coming, too.
matt78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I wish the would take a break from MHA and adapt Vigilantes before coming back and finishing MHA.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:55 pm Reply with quote
To the surprise of probably no one.

Romi Park as Stars and Stripes will be a trip though.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I have to assume it'll be the final season, albeit maybe a longer one.
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this will probably be the final season. Although they might decide to do a movie or a special for the very end. We'll have to wait and see
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:38 pm Reply with quote
There is actually not enough material to make a full 25 episodes season like the last one, its missing like 20 chapters to do that and I cannot see it ending in 20 chapters.

BUT, I also don't see it going long enough to make another 25 episodes season, they could go the Dead Note route and make a 37 episodes season, the Haikyuu one and use Movie(s) to end everything or the Iruma one and make 2 20 episode seasons.

But, in no way can the whole thing fit in 25 episodes nor there will be enough material for 2 25 episodes seasons.
db999

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
There is actually not enough material to make a full 25 episodes season like the last one, its missing like 20 chapters to do that and I cannot see it ending in 20 chapters.

BUT, I also don't see it going long enough to make another 25 episodes season, they could go the Dead Note route and make a 37 episodes season, the Haikyuu one and use Movie(s) to end everything or the Iruma one and make 2 20 episode seasons.

But, in no way can the whole thing fit in 25 episodes nor there will be enough material for 2 25 episodes seasons.

What about a 25 episode and then a 13 episode season. I'm anime only, and the manga is still ongoing, so I don't know if it has enough for that much material but they could always do that. The announcment only said season 7, not the final season, so that could be Studio Bones' plan. The first season was only 12 episodes and every subsequent season has been 25. There's actually kind of a symmetry to having the show both start and end on a 12 episode season.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:43 pm Reply with quote
If My Hero had come out 10 years prior, I could imagine her voicing Deku.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1