• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oshi no Ko Season 2 Reveals Main Promo Video, More Cast, Opening Song, July 3 Debut, AX Previe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:24 am Reply with quote
I can’t wait!!! The new OP is a little underwhelming compared to the massive successes of Idol and Mephisto, but maybe it’ll be better once the whole song is released.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 8:51 am Reply with quote
The PV looks good and the OP sounds good. I'm excited for this!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Long-haired Akane is too powerful. Of course Kana is still as cute as ever.

Also the way they're depicting them basically battling with their acting talent with so much color is amazing.

First it was Shizuka Ito and now it's Ayaneru as a mangaka with their work being adapted. And even Daisuke Ono is involved!

That shot of them transforming into their characters was phenomenal. Is that from the OP?
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I should look up who animated those last shots of Akane at the end of 1x07. Hopefully Doga Kobo has more than one person who can do character animation on that level, because the Tokyo Blade arc really demands it.
Eddy2

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:20 pm Reply with quote
You somehow forgot to note that Tomoyuki Shimura is also playing a new character, and that Shizuka Ito and Kenichi Suzumura are reprising their roles from last season.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:07 am Reply with quote
Look great, can't wait =D

I'm surprised they went with a seemingly new artist (they didn't even have a webpage before this?!) for the opening, but I guess no one really wanted to be compared to the mega hit that was Yoasobi's Idol Laughing
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 10:00 am Reply with quote
Another observation: The video title and thumbnail both say 第1弾. Is that generally used on a PV to mean it's specifically for episode 1? Season 1 stuck to three chapters an episode after the premiere, and I notice there's material here from as far as the sixth chapter in this arc -- which makes me wonder if it's going to be a double-length premiere.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Another observation: The video title and thumbnail both say 第1弾. Is that generally used on a PV to mean it's specifically for episode 1? Season 1 stuck to three chapters an episode after the premiere, and I notice there's material here from as far as the sixth chapter in this arc -- which makes me wonder if it's going to be a double-length premiere.

No, it just means this is the first trailer.
Azure Chrysanthemum

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 12:45 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:

I actually counted things out because I'm a nerd like that - if they stick to the 3 chapters per episode there are exactly enough chapters to do Tokyo Blade and the Miyazaki arc in 13 episodes.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Azure Chrysanthemum wrote:
I actually counted things out because I'm a nerd like that - if they stick to the 3 chapters per episode there are exactly enough chapters to do Tokyo Blade and the Miyazaki arc in 13 episodes.

I've been thinking about that since season 1 was airing -- the problem, as I see it, is that the perfect place to end would be on chapter 80, which would mean squeezing an extra chapter in somewhere. Preferably sometime after chapter 58, because 50-52 and 56-58 are both great groupings for an episode. (And likely before the final episode, because 77 feels like it should be the end of the penultimate episode.)
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Alright! My most anticipated show this year! Although for me, Frieren came outta nowhere and stole my heart. But I am hyped for this one!

I love the stylistic way they are showing the script reading in the trailer, I have no idea how the manga depicts things, although I did read the first volume just for comparison and I've gotta say this shows staff and the adaptation changes have been kick-ass!

Shay Guy wrote:
Azure Chrysanthemum wrote:

I've been thinking about that since season 1 was airing -- the problem, as I see it, is that the perfect place to end would be on chapter 80, which would mean squeezing an extra chapter in somewhere. Preferably sometime after chapter 58, because 50-52 and 56-58 are both great groupings for an episode. (And likely before the final episode, because 77 feels like it should be the end of the penultimate episode.)

Maybe they'll end with a longer movie-length final episode? Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1