• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Peach-Pit Draws One-Shot Manga in Young Jump Mag

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
They better continue Rozen Maiden's manga. The "end" as it is now is terrible, and I want my third season for the show as well.
Pete577

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
We all do, son, we all do.
Munkustrap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:30 pm Reply with quote
it BETTER $#@*EN be a seasen 3
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quote
Not really surprising news. But joyous news to Rozen Maiden fans.

The past year, I have maintained here and on other forums that Rozen Maiden is too successful a series in Japan to be discontinued permanently because of a reported rift between Rozen Maiden manga creators PEACH-PIT and Comic BIRZ manga magazine publisher Gentousha.

Many telltale signs of the resumption of the Rozen Maiden manga - and in all probability, a new Rozen Maiden anime third series or third season - began popping up late last year.

(If need be, I can document these signs, including links to various sources.)

At Japan's huge 2ch message boards, Japanese Rozen Maiden anime fans on the 777th Rozen Maiden Anime Synthesis Thread seem more enthusiastic over the expected restart of the Rozen Maiden manga than Japanese Rozen Maiden manga fans on the 9th Rozen Maiden, DearS and PEACH-PIT Manga Synthesis Thread.

In Japan, it was the anime which made Rozen Maiden really (and unexpectedly) popular. Japanese Rozen Maiden anime fans anticipate that since the Rozen Maiden manga in all likelihood will resume, more Rozen Maiden anime will inevitably follow.

Fans also anticipate that exposure in a major manga magazine like Young Jump and the backing of a leading manga publisher like Shuueisha will help make Rozen Maiden even more popular.
RZetlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:14 am Reply with quote
I am really hoping it is season 3 with a good ending.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Some Japanese fans at 2ch speculate that the new Rozen Maiden manga by Peach-Pit will be serialized in Monthly Ultra Jump or Monthly Jump Square instead of Weekly Young Jump - all Shueisha manga magazine publications.

The Rozen Maiden manga was serialized in Gentosha's Monthly Comic Birz.

Among things other than the Monthly versus Weekly thing, they think that Rozen Maiden, as it has been up to now, fits Ultra Jump and Jump Square better than it fits Young Jump, which is more racy.

We shall see.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I got burned with this series after both the anime's ending (which was a slap in the face to everything that happened) and the Manga's "Ending" (Which was only an ending by virtue of the fact that it had the words "The End" on the last page, it did not resemble an ending in any other way)

Peach Pit can jump it.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:07 am Reply with quote
Back on March 1, 2008 in their blog, PEACH-PIT mentioned that their homepage is being remodeled and will be open April 2008.

At the time, a number of Japanese fans figured that the PEACH-PIT website would be redecorated with a Rozen Maiden theme and that the Rozen Maiden manga would restart.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quote
The 2ch rumor about the Rozen Maiden shinsouban tankoubon appears to be gaseneta (fake information).

According to this original 2ch post by a reliable source at 2ch, copied and pasted on this 2ch thread, PEACH-PIT's Rozen [Maiden] manga begins serializing in YOUNG JUMP, starting from Issue 20 of this year.

(The actual post reads, "Rozen 20 kara," which many Japanese fans interpret as meaning that a "Rozen" manga starts serializing in the 20th issue of YOUNG JUMP.)

Also, according to this reliable source, Yokusaru Shibata's Hachi One [Hachi One Diver = 81 Diver] manga, serialized in YOUNG JUMP, will be made into a drama (presumably, a television drama series).
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Siegel Clyne wrote:
According to this original 2ch post by a reliable source at 2ch, copied and pasted on this 2ch thread, PEACH-PIT's Rozen [Maiden] manga begins serializing in YOUNG JUMP, starting from Issue 20 of this year.

(The actual post reads, "Rozen 20 kara," which many Japanese fans interpret as meaning that a "Rozen" manga starts serializing in the 20th issue of YOUNG JUMP.)

A new Rozen Maiden manga indeed starts serializing in Issue 20 of the YOUNG JUMP seinen manga magazine, published by Shueisha.

Siegel Clyne wrote:
Also, according to this reliable source, Yokusaru Shibata's Hachi One [Hachi One Diver = 81 Diver] manga, serialized in YOUNG JUMP, will be made into a drama (presumably, a television drama series).

Japanese readers also confirm that 81 diver will be made into a TV drama.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Siegel Clyne wrote:
The 2ch rumor about the Rozen Maiden shinsouban tankoubon appears to be gaseneta (fake information).

The 2ch rumor about the shinsouban (renewal edition) tankoubon seems to be true, after all.

According to this post over a day ago on the 780th Rozen Maiden Anime Synthesis Thread at 2ch:

ISBN: 978-4-08-877455-8
Title: Rozen Maiden Shinsouban Vol. 1
Artists: PEACH-PIT
Imprint: Young Jump Comics
Release Date: April 25, 2008

Clicking on Shueisha's Young Jump Comics imprint link shows no Rozen Maiden Shinsouban 1 listed at the current time.

A screenshot purportedly taken of the Young Jump Comics imprint release list from around the date and the time of the post, however, shows Rozen Maiden Shinsouban 1 listed (at the bottom of the release list):

Shuichi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 am Reply with quote
That's wonderful news Smile
I will probably buy the Shinsouban edition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1