• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
G4 Presents: Comic-Con '08 - An Anime Fan's Guide To Comic-Con

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Grrr...truly wish I could go to see Kubo and see the unveiling of Scott Pilgrim 5's cover and title! And I've heard that Nite Owl's ship might be there!!!

I wonder if they screen the questions fans are gonna ask first, because I wouldn't be surprised if people do ask Mashima about One Piece, or ask ridiculous fan questions.

Also, I didn't know they were making another Afro Samurai. Ick.
L33Tbunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Totally wish I didn't live on the other side of the country. Also not to be picky or anything but I notice you spelled Fairy Tale wrong, it's actually spelled Fairy Tail, just putting that out there. Anime smile
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
I think someone needs to ask Mashima if he has any plans of getting Fairy Tail animated. I'd like to hear his response.
J-Head

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote
So, did ANN and G4 work out some kind of deal for this?
eviltimes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
J-Head wrote:
So, did ANN and G4 work out some kind of deal for this?

Probably a few cases of Pocky.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
What room is the Yen Press panel going to be held? It's not listed. I guess I'll wait to get the program...
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote
G4 is sponsoring our SDCC coverage this year.
Doctor Worm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
jsevakis wrote:
G4 is sponsoring our SDCC coverage this year.

That's a might bit nice of them.

Now excuse me for jumping to conclusions but I can't see G4 sponsoring simply to get their name out to anime fans unless... G4 has plans to bring back their anime block?

That would actually be pretty nifty when you think about it. Not only would folks have anime on Adult Swim/Toonami and Sci-Fi Channel to look forward to watching but anime on G4 as well. Sweetness. As long as G4 doesn't get shit series (they got some pretty damn good series like "Last Exile" previous time around come to think of it. I have little reason to doubt they'd get good series this time around too) I'm down.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Starship Smackdown XI
2:00pm – 3:30pm

Assuming that most hardcore Trekkies and Otaku will (due to their fandom) defend their respective views beyond reason, has this debate ever reached any mutually agreed conclusions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
FeralKat wrote:
What room is the Yen Press panel going to be held? It's not listed. I guess I'll wait to get the program...

Whoops! Forgot to include that. The Yen Press panel is in Room 3.
roesnail

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quote
i didn't notice the bandai panel on the comic con website. this is good news. i have somthing to do on thursday now.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Doctor Worm wrote:

Now excuse me for jumping to conclusions but I can't see G4 sponsoring simply to get their name out to anime fans unless... G4 has plans to bring back their anime block?

That would actually be pretty nifty when you think about it. Not only would folks have anime on Adult Swim/Toonami and Sci-Fi Channel to look forward to watching but anime on G4 as well.

I think you are correct. Because on the G4TV website, they have had the Anime Unleashed thing up there since they quit airing it. So I do believe they may be bring it back eventually.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
FeralKat wrote:

Whoops! Forgot to include that. The Yen Press panel is in Room 3.

Thanks! Smile This guide is a lifesaver and a timesaver! This saves me the trouble of combing the program for panels. It's so time consuming...
Phantom14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote
"or just want to be the lucky fellow who asks the 1 millionth question about the editing of Tenjho Tenge, show up and raise your hand.
"
That I say is funny, I would take it a step further and just bring burnt ashes of the book insted, but then I would have to BUY one so that defets the purpose.

Oh and the G4 thing, well they are a bunch of two faced basterds if you ask me. Trying to apeal to anime fans with all this stuff when they have totaly ignored the anime comunity, and seeings how that has never realy worked well, to bad for them.
They can keep thier four hour long shows of cops, and their two hours of cheaters to themselves. I refuse to be a suport of that network.
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:43 am Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
Doctor Worm wrote:

That would actually be pretty nifty when you think about it. Not only would folks have anime on Adult Swim/Toonami and Sci-Fi Channel to look forward to watching but anime on G4 as well.

I think you are correct. Because on the G4TV website, they have had the Anime Unleashed thing up there since they quit airing it. So I do believe they may be bring it back eventually.

First they gotta stop being Spike Tv Jr. for that to happen. I mean seriously, do we need two different channels showing the SAME Star Trek Series?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2