• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:04 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Does Cross Country count as a sport?

Damn straight it does.
Elfen12

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Does Cross Country count as a sport?

I sure hope so. Else my running would count just as much as playin' poker. Wink

-Elfen12-
Orkyjork90

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow. I'm quite surprised. The only two replies thus far put me under the impression others participated in this glorious activity. Quite a rare occurrence indeed.
Joysjuhhh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

What a long list! I clicked on the thread to give a short introduction about me and I see everyone posting a major list, haha!

------------------

Name: Joysjuhhh - My real name's Joyce

Sex: Female

Blood Type: I HAVE NO IDEA

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Dutch

Religion: None

Pets: Too bad I'm allergic Sad

Drink/Smoke: Neither. (Heheh, copying someone else's reply)

Likes: Anime! Seeing my friends and then go shopping or watch a movie, go out, or just talk Razz

Dislikes: ... No idea, fitness?

Favorite anime: School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh, FMA, Naruto, Code Geass, Nana, Death Note, Full Moon wo Sagashite

Favorite TV shows/Movies: I'm currently watching Grey's Anatomy... and I liked The Sound of Music, Mononoke Hime, Disney movies

Favorite Drinks: Tea and cassis. I'm boring hahaha

Favorite Food: I can't choose.

Fun facts:
Uh... well I don't know at the moment. I'm forgetful.

I'm sorry, it's a short introduction, but if I didn't know the answer or had no favorite game or anything I just deleted the text Very Happy
ly-chan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Name: Ly-chan!

Sex: Female.

Blood Type: O negative.

Marital Status: Single.

Ethnicity: 1/4 Italian, 3/4 Brazilian.

Religion: Christian.

Pets: Nops.

Drink/Smoke: Drink! =D~ Smoke occasionally.

Likes: Read manga, go to my japanese church, study japanese, listen to jmusic.

Dislikes: Uohhh, long list.

Favorite anime: Ergo Proxy, 5 Centimeters per Second, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Voices of a Distant Star, Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, Vexille, Ghost Hound, FF (all, but specially VII), Pale Cocoon, Denno Coil, Paprika,

Favorite Manga: Nana, Vampire Knight, Lovely Complex, Paradise Kiss, xxxHolic, Death Note, Blood +, Naruto.

Favorite Books: Nietzche's, Oscar Wilde's, Jostein Gaarder's, Goethe's, J. K. Rowling's etc.

Favorite game: Resident Evil.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Shyamalan, Lucas, Spilberg, Lynch, Lars Von Trier, Gus Van Sant, Burton, Scorcese etc.

Favorite Drink: Sex in the beach.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Red Bull!

Favorite Foods: Japanese/chinese.

Favorite Sites: Myspace, onemanga.com

Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer.

Favorite Sport (to play): Plaaaay? O.o

Favorite Music: Jmusic/ brit rock, indie.

Job: I used to be Portuguese teacher.

Hobbies: Everything about Japan.

Favorite Quotes

"Next time I fall in love...I want to be with someone who's a little harsh. I don't want them to just cater...to my each and every whim.

But after we get in a fight...I want a flower, and a loving words...

Someone like that."

----------*----------*----------*----------

Hey, Nana...
If you and I were lovers...would we have been able to fill the emptiness by holding each other?
...this kind of loneliness...? or does everyone bear...

I didn't want to make you all mine.
I just wanted you to need me, Nana.

If a man and a woman are just objects of desire to each other... can they really be bound by love?

I don't want any more nice guys...it's worse when they screw you over.

---------*---------*--------*---------*---------

Hey, Hachi..back then, when you kept losing yourself in love... maybe we weren't so different...struggling with desires that couldn't be fulfilled.

Hey, Hachi... no matter how much or how often people hurt each other... loving someone is never a waste. I still cherish and keep... that love letter you left for me.

Hey, Hachi... I was like that cheap glass. I didn't have the strength to accept you as you are. But compared to the loneliness of losing everything... the pain of breaking was more bearable.

[ Nana ]
Raideen6000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, as this is my first post on the ANN boards I guess I'll introduce myself-

Name Shawn

Sex Male

Age 34

Marital Status Happily married

Location Dallas, TX

Blood Type I honestly have no idea

Pets 3 cats- Crow, Callie and Coco

Drink/Smoke Drink socially, quit smoking

Likes Music, reading, hanging out with my wife, skateboarding, playing videogames

Dislikes Traffic, bad music, stupid people, celery

Favorite Anime Gundam, Lupin III, Genshiken, Galaxy Express 999, classic giant robots such as Getter Robo, Brave Raideen, Danguard Ace, Mazinger etc...

Favorite Manga Bleach, Berserk, Sgt Frog, Lone Wolf and Cub, Aqua/Aria

Favorite Movies High Fidelity, Rushmore, Star Wars, The Warriors, Logan's Run, Dig!, Metal: A Headbangers Journey

Favorite TV Shows The Office, 30 Rock, Top Chef, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Favorite Books The works of Nick Hornby, Michael Moorcock and Chuck Klosterman, Moby Dick, trashy sci-fi

Favorite Foods Mexican, Japanese, Indian, BBQ, Chinese and southern fried

Favorite Sport to Watch College football, hockey, auto racing (NASCAR, IRL and F1)

Favorite Sport to Play Skateboarding, golf, flag football

Favorite Music Metal, indie, old punk and hardcore. My favorite bands are Joy Division, Slayer, The Smiths, Iron Maiden, Mogwai, Black Flag, Spacemen 3, Darkthrone and Bouncing Souls

Job I work for a non-profit
Phoenix
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I've been a member since 2002, but I only recently started posting. Figured I'd introduce myself. Plus I'm bored at work.

Name: Alexandra Pasquier Macdonald. If that's too much of a mouthful, I also go by Alex.
Sex: Female
Blood Type: B-, not just a blood type, but also a lifestyle. (lame >.<)
Marital Status: Dating
Ethnicity: Half French, half Scottish, 3/4 Celtic, bonus points if you can figure that one out.
Religion: Agnostic.
Siblings: One older brother and his wife.
Pets: 2 cats, Shadow and Kiri.
Drink/Smoke: Both socially, though tobacco is of the bad.
Likes: Reading, listening to music, hanging out with my friends... I have simple tastes really.
Dislikes: People who discover anime and then suddenly love all things Asian, people who won't stop mocking the French, people who won't stop calling me dead (I have a pulse!), people who won't let go of the past (as in local Quebec politics)
Favorite Anime: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Favorite Manga: Berserk, Bastard!!, GTO, Vagabond, Hellsing, ...
Favorite Books: Anything by GGK other than the Tapestry series, Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake series, Conn Iggulden's Conqueror series, ...
Favorite Game: Civ Revolutions? I'm not much of a gamer... Oh, D&D and HackMaster
Favorite TV Shows: Boston Legal, House, Grey's Anatomy, Criminal Minds, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls
Favorite Movie: Pirates!
Favorite Drink: Screwdrivers, Sourpuss, SOHO Lychee, Smirnoff Twist Green Apple
Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Ice tea, apple juice
Favorite Foods: Sea food, sushi, Chinese food, Japanese food, Vietnamese food, ...
Favorite Bands and Singers: Garbage, Indochine, Bif Naked, Billy Talent...
Education: Completed high school, passed the BEPC (brevet), completed a DEC in Social Sciences, completed a DEP in Computer Science Technology, going for a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science in January
Job: Until Friday I'm a code monkey in a cubicle taking classes at night.
Favorite quotes: "The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame." - Hellsing
"Putting the romance back into necromancy." -A t-shirt my brother bought me.
Fun facts about Phoenix:
-I did a year at university in history before dropping out to go into computer science.
-I've read 23 books in the past 5 months.
-I'm allergic to the sun.
-I've got a family tree on my wall dating back to 1600.
-I plan to get my family crest as a tattoo.
-I've been to Paris 8 times and have yet to go to the Eiffel Tower.
-I went to do a blood test and it took the technician over 5 minutes to get one vial of blood out :(
-I nearly learned Gaellic as a child, but my mother veto-ed that decision and had me learn French. On a semi-related note, my great aunt was terrified I'd speak Cantonese before English.
-My high school had nuns.
Oh Jam!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Name: Mark
Sex: Male
Religion: n/a
Drink/Smoke: Yes/Yes
Likes: Wargaming, Getting smashed, Martial Arts, Good Fantasy Novels
Dislikes: Mushrooms, Rum, Kids, Bad Fantasy Novels
Favorite anime: Grave of the Fireflies
Favorite game: Realms of the Haunting
Favorite TV Shows: Monkey Dust, Peep Show, Jam, Mock The Week
Favorite Movie: Conan The Barbarian
Favourite Books:
Scott R. Bakker - The Prince of Nothing series
Scott Lynch - The Gentlemen Bastards sequence
Robert E. Howard - The Conan stories
George R. Martin - A Song of Fire and Ice series
Steven Erickson - A Tale of the Malazan Book of the Fallen saga
Favorite Food: Foie Gras
Favorite drink: Water
Favorite quotes: Where there is fire, there is smoke. And in that smoke, from this day forward, my people will crouch and conspire and plot and plan for the inevitable day of Man's downfall - the day when he finally and self-destructively turns his weapons against his own kind. The day of the writing in the sky, when your cities lie buried under radioactive rubble! When the sea is a dead sea, and the land is a wasteland out of which I will lead my people from their captivity! And we will build our own cities in which there will be no place for humans except to serve our ends! And we shall found our own armies, our own religion, our own dynasty! And that day is upon you NOW!
Favorite Bands and Singers:Morbid Angel, Arkan, Cryptopsy, Massive Attack
Fun facts about Mark: I am of the opinion that 98% of anime is shite, I'm here to try and be convinced to lower that figure.
juno_senei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Name: juno

Sex: female

Blood Type: not a clue ^^;;

Ethnicity:3/4 chinese, 1/8 cambodian, 1/8 vietnamese

Religion: agnostic, non-denomination

Pets: a house frog named, atticus

Drink/Smoke: seldom/no

Dislikes: ingorance, inconsiderance, and mean people; brussel sprouts *_*

Favorite anime: one piece, full metal achemist, saiunkoku monogatari, gintama...

Favorite Manga (Light novels): death note, d. gray-man, nodame cantabile, hellsing, yakitate japan, samurai deeper kyo, hana kimi...

Favorite Books: green eggs & ham, willy wonka & the chocolate factory, catcher in the rye, sword of truth series, twilight series, eve dallas series...

Favorite game: mega-man & co., tetris, banjo & kazooie, toejam and earl, DDR, sonic & co., devil may cry...

Favorite TV shows/Movies: shows - exo squad, buffy & angel, alias, farscape, CSI; movies - abyss, goonies, indiana jones, mummy...

Favorite Drink: rum, reislings

Non-Alcoholic Drink: water, chocolate milk, strawberry malts

Favorite Foods: vietnamese, mexican, indian, american breakfast; fruits, pastries, desserts; whatever mum makes Anime smile

Favorite Sites: animenewsnetwork, baka-updates, d-addicts, aznmuzik, livejournal, facebook...

Favorite Sport (to watch): basketball, tennis, soccer...

Favorite Sport (to play): swim, walk, tennis

Favorite Music: i have very electic tastes

Job: almost a licensed drug dealer [pharmacist in a year]

Hobbies: this. family. cooking. swimming. ballroom dancing. traveling.

Fun facts about juno:
makes very good lasagna
has a large collection a manga [determined to create a personal library]
can do funny eye tricks
eats potato chips with ketchup

Favorite Quotes: hmm...

Pictures: heh, not yet folks Anime smile
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote
juno_senei wrote:
Favorite TV shows/Movies: shows - exo squad, buffy & angel, alias, farscape, CSI; movies - abyss, goonies, indiana jones, mummy...

Sweet, you have great taste in film and TV. I remember watching Exo-Squad when I was younger, my friends and I were borderline obsessed with that show when it was on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
juno_senei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Sweet, you have great taste in film and TV. I remember watching Exo-Squad when I was younger, my friends and I were borderline obsessed with that show when it was on.

i love Exo Squad. i watched everytime it was on tv and was quite upset when it ended suddenly...and with no closure =_= but you know what? i actually have the complete series on dvd *grins* not the official or the best since it came from ebay. but hey, it works. unfortunately, i haven't been able to re-watch it all yet ^^;;

oh, also forget to metion...Captain N!!!
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I somewhat recall the ending, though it has been a long long time since I last saw it. I would love to get a chance at rewatching it, I don't think official releases even exist do they? I've never heard of Captain N though, at least not that I can recall.

On another note, I really need to update my entry in this thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
juno_senei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
I would love to get a chance at rewatching it, I don't think official releases even exist do they?

nope. infact, i think the versions i have were either taken from the TV or VHS tapes.

Keonyn wrote:
I've never heard of Captain N though, at least not that I can recall.

*gasp* perhaps...it was too early for you??

check it out Captain N: the Game Master
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:00 pm Reply with quote
juno_senei wrote:
nope. infact, i think the versions i have were either taken from the TV or VHS tapes.

Probably, my friend had a pack of Transformers: Beast Wars tapes long before the DVDs were released. He bought them at Botcon when it was in town years ago and they were all just recordings off the TV.

juno_senei wrote:

Hehe, probably not, since I just turned 30 and you're 28, so we pretty much grew up in the same era. Looking at the wiki article though, it actually does look familiar, though I don't think I ever actually watched the show. I probably never saw it as we often didn't have cable growing up. It's not that we couldn't afford it, but the cable company never buried the cable after a year so my dad just went out and cut it and never replaced it, so only broadcast TV for me growing up.
Mylene

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
juno_senei wrote:

Hehe, probably not, since I just turned 30 and you're 28, so we pretty much grew up in the same era. Looking at the wiki article though, it actually does look familiar, though I don't think I ever actually watched the show. I probably never saw it as we often didn't have cable growing up. It's not that we couldn't afford it, but the cable company never buried the cable after a year so my dad just went out and cut it and never replaced it, so only broadcast TV for me growing up.

Captain N played on Saturday morning broadcast TV. NBC if my memory serves me correctly--which it probably does as that was one of the few channels we got out in the sticks.

I thought Captain N was dreamy as a young girl...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 61 of 233