• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films Announces Chrono Crusade Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Anime smile + sweatdrop There goes one of my usual fansub downloads.

Hurrah for ADV! Now WHEN will we get that manga?!
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm glad it is coming, although ADV has been a bit slow on getting DVD's for acquisitions out. (Where is DNAngel already, it's approaching two years!)

I'll probably still watch it if I can get ahold of it. Then again, I'm already planning on buying the DVD's when they come out, so nobody will lose their money if I do. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
absolutezero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Im really looking forward to this!! Fingers crossed for a sturdy box, all the past few ADV boxes I've gotten have been rubbish thin things or the folded up ones.

Like Kino's journey.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I'll take it they'll rename it "Chrono Crusade" like with the manga?
arxane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Swordfish_II wrote:

Probably. They wouldn''t want people to see "Chrno" as a mis|print...er, misprint. And I'm perfectly okay with it. Wasn't the PSX game "Chrono Cross" also spelled like that?
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully people don't get Chrono Crusade mixed with Chrono Cross. I don't see how people would find it difficult to pronounce "Chrno" but I guess not everyone is like me. It's nice that it got licensed, but I really wanted to finish out the rest of the series. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop *it was also a regular fansub of mine* Bah, having the DVDs will be even better. I must get my hands on the manga, since apparently the anime was beginning to detract from the manga (so people say).
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
Mou Kaoru wrote:
I must get my hands on the manga, since apparently the anime was beginning to detract from the manga (so people say).

I say! I say! I say a lot!
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:58 am Reply with quote
Mou Kaoru wrote:
Hopefully people don't get Chrono Crusade mixed with Chrono Cross. I don't see how people would find it difficult to pronounce "Chrno" but I guess not everyone is like me. It's nice that it got licensed, but I really wanted to finish out the rest of the series. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop *it was also a regular fansub of mine* Bah, having the DVDs will be even better. I must get my hands on the manga, since apparently the anime was beginning to detract from the manga (so people say).

There is a greater chance than not that somebody will still be subbing the series, even if they shouldn't be. On the other hand, it's one of those types of series that I think ADV will be handling very well. Gonzo's style of animation is usually gorgeous, and with ADV's recent releases I'm expecting an excellent video transfer. In that case, I'm eager for the U.S. release as well.

As far as people getting it confused? Well, there was a thread a couple of months ago on the manga name change as well.

To quote my own prior post in terms if the confusion/Chrno vs. Chrono:

Godaistudios wrote:
Well, I can understand where Cookie is coming from. I can easily see people getting the two confused. Simply put, it shows how great an impact Chrono Trigger had here in the U.S.

If we as a society had incorporated the term of "Chrono" (which IIRC is a greek term referring to time) more into the English language, then this confusion wouldn't be so likely.

Instead, we as a society have applied the term of Chrono to a franchise and assumed a relationship between anything coming out of Japan as being related one to the other. (I was guilty of this as well when Chrono Cross was coming out.) If we can get back to a point where we use our brains on a regular basis when it comes to new titles coming our way, we will start noticing the differences and confusion will give way to enlightenment.

Ah screw it... society has a tendency to be simplistic and one-minded. It would be nice, but it's not gonna happen. Wink

Anyway, that's my general take...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Maikeru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Swordfish_II wrote:

at one of the forums i hang out at, the admin said that it is definately going to get an extra 'o'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quote
NOOO!!! i still need to see the last 5 episodes

now i have to go to less desirable resources
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:20 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
NOOO!!! i still need to see the last 5 episodes

now i have to go to less desirable resources

or you could just, I dunno, wait?
nagashi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm sure someone will continue to sub it, but those groups TEND to be the bottom of the fansubbing barrel.... There are exceptions tho.

That being said, the bottom of the fansubbing barrel tends to have less grammatical/spelling errors than your average ADV release Wink

(I haven't counted, but DAMN some of the FMP volumes were bad =/)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:50 am Reply with quote
nagashi wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure someone will continue to sub it, but those groups TEND to be the bottom of the fansubbing barrel.... There are exceptions tho.

That being said, the bottom of the fansubbing barrel tends to have less grammatical/spelling errors than your average ADV release Wink

(I haven't counted, but DAMN some of the FMP volumes were bad =/)

the show's already finished, it's just that i lost all the episodes on my hard drive, and now it's gonna be harder to get.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quote
Or, you could, you know, WAIT!?
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Meh.... waiting is overrated. Anticipation is only worth it for non trivial things. Personally, I dislike waiting two years to finish watching a TV series that I'm already going to buy anyway. There really isn't any point to waiting then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2