• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network Upcoming Premieres

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:27 pm Reply with quote
What about Rave Master? Was it pushed back? It was slated to be aired May 1st, but it isn't on this "Upcoming Premieres" list, nor is it on the May anime schedule that was just posted. The way Cartoon Network is advertising Toonami you'd think it would be included on this Weekends first run of Saturday Toonami.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ginzugirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I believe the CN Program Schedule news is incorrect. For a more
accurate schedule please link to Adult Swim Unleashed.

http://adultswimunleashed.com/schedule.html

Our matrix lists this weeks programming as well as the new Adult Swim Action line up starting April 17. Word up to the Inu-Fans -- keep reading down our ASU list; those new shows premiere APRIL 24 at 11pm.

AS is also running new schedule promos for all shows this week
so turn in for schedule information, there, too!

As far as I know we have the latest information unless
Turner Broadcasting has changed their itty-bitty minds --
again.

Don't forget your towel!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, the schedule we posted is based on the Grid that Cartoon Network sent us yesterday.

I'll double check with them.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Rave Master premieres on June 5th.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:11 pm Reply with quote
so are they going to show the end of Wolf's Rain? i imagine there would be some heavy censorship.
ultrabot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious as to what they've edited on SEED ep 35.

spoiler[the episode with the CYCLOPS facility detonating under Alaska, as well as Kira showing up in Freedom.]
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:53 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
so are they going to show the end of Wolf's Rain? i imagine there would be some heavy censorship.
Could they show the ending on tv? I'm sure sure about how rights and stuff go, but the ending is an OVA, and they may have to pull some extra strings for it or something to get the airing rights.
arxane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:57 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Could they show the ending on tv? I'm sure sure about how rights and stuff go, but the ending is an OVA, and they may have to pull some extra strings for it or something to get the airing rights.

They've shown "Blue Submarine 6", "FLCL", and the additional episodes of "Kikaider", all of which were OVAs. I doubt CN would have that much trouble getting the rights.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:09 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Am I missing something, or do you just not grasp the concept of Adult Swim yet?

ultrabot wrote:
I'm curious as to what they've edited on SEED ep 35.

spoiler[the episode with the CYCLOPS facility detonating under Alaska, as well as Kira showing up in Freedom.]

Personally, I couldn't care less about spoiler[ZAFT pilots popping like zits]; that can be cut out entirely and the series won't suffer. I'm more worried about spoiler[Nicol getting Strike's sword in his gut, Natarle getting shot repeatedly by Azrael, Yzak getting his scar & shooting down the civilian shuttle,] etc.

But, as I've said repeatedly before, hopefully Cartoon Network will practice what they preached, target an older demographic with Toonami Saturday, and consequently edit less for content.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Rave Master premieres on June 5th.

Almost a month later, that's a far cry from May 1st. Gotta love Cartoon Network and their quirky schedules.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:59 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
v1cious wrote:

i do know they have certain standards, and the final episodes are extremely bloody.
emory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:56 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
v1cious wrote:

i do know they have certain standards, and the final episodes are extremely bloody.

adult swim seems to have this comedy blood vs. serious blood thing these days. for example, in Aqua Teen a character ripped Carl's arms off, and drank the massive amounts of blood that was squirting out of them. but if it's serious stuff though, it tends to get cut.

unless it's Reign: The Conqueror, which had a lot of human carnage retained for air.
Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Then Adult Swim must not grasp the concept either, apparently. See ANN's Bandai panel report:

The Wolf’s Rain OVAs would also be released on DVD, but it was yet unforeseen whether or not it would appear on Cartoon Network because of the content.
Toboe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Andrew wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Then Adult Swim must not grasp the concept either, apparently. See ANN's Bandai panel report:

The Wolf’s Rain OVAs would also be released on DVD, but it was yet unforeseen whether or not it would appear on Cartoon Network because of the content.

I don't think they'd need to be edited too much. There's blood but not a lot of wounds... if they simply reduced the amount of blood, it should be just fine. Dunno if spoiler[Darcia being reduced to nothing but an eyeball with the veins still attached] would be too much.
harurhodes

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:15 am Reply with quote
does anybody here know why rave master is now starting on june 5 and why it didn't start on may 1
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2