• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsukihime licensed?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:11 am Reply with quote
Anime Nation's argument in the past is that they register domain names for their e-mail service. Geneon on the other hand doesn't provide any such service. I'd say, with a fair amount of certainty, that this guarantees that Geneon is at least interested and doing something to obtain the Tsukihime license, but that they don't necessarily have it (on the other hand they may have it and be waiting to announce at an upcoming convention).

This is all speculation of course, and therefore not in the news.

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
R.G.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quote
If Tsukihime does get licensed,I for one would be overjoyed whether or it gets released under the series' unofficial english title "Moon Princess".
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Granted... but considering that they are releasing the CD for it as well (which I had posted in some place earlier) it's highly probable and should probably be treated as licensed for the most part. Smile

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a release to DVD. I'm even hoping they will have the first DVD out by the beginning of August, which will allow me to schedule it for an upcoming sci-fi con that my club is involved with. (I know it's wishful thinking but...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Geneon Japan one of the producers of Tsukihime? There's definitely a link for it on their Japanese website.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sycomonkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:01 am Reply with quote
I would be thrilled. Tsukihime is good. Pio... Geneon is good. Together, they are good.
Ferquin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:50 am Reply with quote
I will tell you this much since I was at Geneon's panel today at Sakura Con. The rep would neither confirm nor deny the rumor, nor would he argue against it. *wink wink* I kid you not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
R.G.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Well,this is interesting.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:46 pm Reply with quote
R.G. wrote:
If Tsukihime does get licensed,I for one would be overjoyed whether or it gets released under the series' unofficial english title "Moon Princess".

It makes more sense for them to translate the title all the way. I just can see the clueless Sailormoon fans eating that name up. Anime exclamation
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1