• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Sci-Fi broadcast (w/index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
BellosTheMighty wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Hm, I guess I blinked.

And hey, just a couple of minutes before. It's not like I hadn't already seen that episode.

But the scene in question was the LAST in the episode, except for a brief one where Setsuna prepares to go apeshit on the Thrones... you didn't post that before the scene itself could have aired, did you?

There was the part where Saji was walking through the hospital, depondant and I was already typing up the post as it was airing. I probably missed the stub reveal because I was busy typing up my question about the Jovian mission.

So you posted your evaluation of the episode despite the fact that you weren't paying attention to it while it was on? 0_o;;;;;;;
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
So you posted your evaluation of the episode despite the fact that you weren't paying attention to it while it was on? 0_o;;;;;;;

I missed one split-second shot. So what?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
BellosTheMighty wrote:

I missed one split-second shot. So what?

It wasn't a split-second shot... Actually, the camera lingered a bit before she covered it again, to make sure the point got across...
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn, though, that I didn't see Louise's stump. Maybe my brain just edited it out because I didn't actually expect Sci-Fi to air that part.

Anyway, this is officially the stupidest argument I've ever been in, ever, in my entire twenty five years of life.

Just let it go. The thread's already off-track as it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I could have sworn, though, that I didn't see Louise's stump. Maybe my brain just edited it out because I didn't actually expect Sci-Fi to air that part.

So... if you don't expect something to happen, you can't accept that it actually does happen?

Quote:
Anyway, this is officially the stupidest argument I've ever been in, ever, in my entire twenty five years of life.

You're the one who keeps dragging it on. ~_^

*poke* *poke* *poke* Is this bugging you? *poke* *poke* *poke* *poke* *poke*
daedelus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote
And now for something completely different Anime exclamation

I couldn't help but notice that the two younger Trinity sibs seem to have a spoiler[Jekyl & Hyde thing] going on. Especially considering their spoiler[hairpin triggers] The older brother isn't free from wrong either considering his less than concerned reaction to thespoiler[ tragedy his sister wrought.] They really do add a new element to the show.
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
Well, these last 2 episodes were by far the best episodes of the series. I was finally interested in what was going to happen next instead of just going through the motions. For the first time, I'm actually looking forward to the next 2 episodes. Hope it stays on this path.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote
Wow, Saji takes a real one-two punch here... first Louise sends him away, and now this mess with his sister. If this keeps up, he might wind up going the way of Nina Einstein...

BTW, something that occurred to me while watching this week- the nurse mentioned that Louise couldn't re-grow her arm, even using advanced science, because the GN particles had a strange effect on her stem cells, or something like that. It was some rather dodgy science, honestly. But I started thinking it might be code for something else. Like maybe the particles have rendered her unable to have children?
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote
That's a fairly broad leap you're making, but I suppose anything is possible. I think the point being made is that at a time where replacing limbs is as routine as treating a cold, the fact that she can't makes it a bigger tragedy. Not to mention spoiler[most, if not all, of her family is dead.]

Yeah, the mess with Saji's sister was kinda out of the blue.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote
As for what BellosTheMighty said, I dodn't really get that from the statement. To me it seemed that the nurse was just saying that she couldn't re-grow her hand. But you never know, could be something that they bring up latter.

Also, the incident with Saji's sister took me by surprise. It's actually kinda sad though. I just wonder what kind of repercussions could come from that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
That's a fairly broad leap you're making, but I suppose anything is possible. I think the point being made is that at a time where replacing limbs is as routine as treating a cold, the fact that she can't makes it a bigger tragedy.

In the long run, it's less of a tragedy than she thinks right now. This series is set 200 years in the future, and even today prosthetic technology is advanced enough to have an artificial hand that is functional, if not 100%. Even if not, it's possible to live your life to the fullest with just one hand. Was it Def Leopard's drummer who lost an arm in a car accident and can still drum up a storm at concerts?

But, yeah, her thoughts probably aren't so rosy right now. Give her time, though...
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Whoa! Heads up, fanboys! Two unannounced extra episodes on tonight. As in RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE! GO!
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I almost forgot that they had that schedualed for tonight. I thought that itwas going to be Street Fighter Alpha or something like that. But I think that they're going to finish off season one tonight.
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Whoa! Heads up, fanboys! Two unannounced extra episodes on tonight. As in RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE! GO!

Yes it is 2 solid hours! I am lucky to have 1 spare empty vcr tape, didn't expect that. I do not know how truthfully the story holds to the original airing but . . . . 2 out of 5 for English dub impact of story show in 2nd hour tonight 5 out of 5 for Japanese impact of story (sorry ).

OH by the way, most of the shows past 2 years have had the show continue after the credits before showing next weeks scenes. How much have the english dubbers missed of all of them? The stories will be highly affected and meaningless without those parts. Some series even put the ending credits 2/3 the way through a show now and continue the show after for 11 minutes. Crying or Very sad
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quote
This time it was Lichty's 'final words to Christina that got cut out. Instead, they went right for Chriitina's final words to Feldt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 20