• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's Original Ed, Al to Reprise Roles

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusui

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote
We can only hope that Vic Mignogna and Aaron Dismuke do the same.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I knew it! I just knew they'd reprise their roles! Very Happy This is excellent news for those of us who prefer the subbed version.
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm totally in on this now Anime hyper! So glad they got them back Very Happy
Kiyoko

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:

I'm 100% sure Vic would be on board. Anime hyper I kinda pictured him camping out on Funimation's doorstop the day the new FMA series was announced.

I'd love to see Aaron return as well, but you also have to remember he's not as young as he used to be, and if his voice changed too much as he got older, he may not be able to pull off the same voice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Awesome; Paku Romi's performance as Ed was a really shining part of the cast. (One of the only things that I really feel I'm missing out on when I watch the dub track.)

This doesn't completely destroy my hopes that the new series is going to be Fullmetal Alchemist The Musical, does it?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Kiyoko wrote:
Ryusui wrote:

I'm 100% sure Vic would be on board. Anime hyper I kinda pictured him camping out on Funimation's doorstop the day the new FMA series was announced.

I'd love to see Aaron return as well, but you also have to remember he's not as young as he used to be, and if his voice changed too much as he got older, he may not be able to pull off the same voice.

I'm in agreement with you. I'd love to have both back for an English version, but if Aaron doesn't do it, I wouldn't be surprised. Then again, I would probably be willing to put up with a deeper voice just to have him in the role again. Also, I've not heard him lately, so I don't know if the change was too dramatic.
Jarmel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
This is great news but I want to know more about how they are going to handle the story and how many episodes. Still they were pretty good in the first series and here is to hoping that the English VAs either reprise their role or find somebody close to the same pitch and voice as the dub was great too.
minakichan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Considering that the only reason I watched the Hagaren <s>hackjob</s> anime was for Paku Romi, I am happy at this new =D
darcerin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
*fans self* That's a relief...but was there any real doubt to begin with? Either way, hooray! I sincerely loved both versions - dub and sub so I'm happy either way on this. Smile
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Now if only Rie can turn Al into more a tsundere charatcer. "S-stupid Ed, it's not like I wanted to revive mother, I just miss her cooking is all."
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
i actually really dislike romi paku >.< . then again this still looks like a remake to me so it's not even interesting me
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Romi Paku, Rie Kugiyama to play main characters again in new TV series

Quote:
The March issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will announce on February 10 that Romi Paku and Rie Kugiyama will reprise [...]

Um .... it's spelled "Kugimiya."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
All right! I totally have a reason to watch this now! I hope they can get the rest of the main cast back too...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bci110

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Kiyoko wrote:
Ryusui wrote:

I'm in agreement with you. I'd love to have both back for an English version, but if Aaron doesn't do it, I wouldn't be surprised. Then again, I would probably be willing to put up with a deeper voice just to have him in the role again. Also, I've not heard him lately, so I don't know if the change was too dramatic.

I met Aaron at Ohayocon last weekend. His voice does sound a bit deeper than it was during his Alphonse days, so he might not be able to pull off the role like he did back then. Course that doesn't mean that he won't be considered for the role.

I do agree with all of you though that it's a sure bet that Vic will reprise his role as Ed. Of course that's assuming that FUNi will actually get the rights to FMA TV2 (which I believe they will - it's just a matter of when Wink ).
Electrastar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
*Phew.

I was affraid they we're going to cast other actresses for the roles...that would have been awful...Rie own's the role of Edward, she's awesome as him...now, if they can just get Toru Ohkawa to voice Roy Mustang again, that would be perfect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5